( I have difficulty uploading the pictures to go with the text, so read below the next pictures to figure out what they are about!)

Brad was "recruiting" in Plano this weekend. So that left me and Mallory at home for some girl time. We went to Salado on Friday night with a couple of girls from church and did a little shopping. We ate dinner at a tea room that served yummy Tomato Basil soup. All of the shops were decorated for Christmas with lights and decor. There was a horse drawn carriage and all sorts of other fun things. Salado is a cute and quaint little town. I need to go back when, #1 I can concentrate on things other than trying to maneuver a stroller in an expensive store and not break anything, and #2 when it is light outside and I can see what Salado really looks like. We got our picture taken with a "Rein-dog", I think that's what the owners called them. They were Great Danes with antlers and wreaths. I thought they were pretty funny.
I also rearranged the furniture to make room for the tree (coming soon...we get a real one every year), made chocolate covered pretzels for Brad, bought Mallory a stocking and survived church solo this morning. It was a busy weekend that went by fast, which was a good thing. I tend to make myself hear things around the house and turn into a scaredy-cat when Brad is out of town.
It will be another busy week with my nephew coming into the world on Tuesday. We can't wait to meet Tate. It seems like so long ago that we were in Kelly and Wade's shoes anticipating Mallory's arrival. There were so many emotions. I am really excited for Kelly and Wade to experience it all. What an amazing opportunity!
2 comments:
I am with you on hearing noises around the house. I can make myself into a huge scaredy cat when B is out of town. Sounds like y'all had fun on your girls outing. :~)
What is it about being in your house all alone? It freaks me out!
You can be at home with your spouse, hear the exact same noise and not think twice about it. But when you're all alone, your imagination goes crazy and suddenly you're convinced that the Taliban is trying to break into your house.
Normally, having a 65-pound golden retriever should make me feel better - but knowing Macy, she probably hears the exact same noise and then pees all over herself!
Post a Comment