This past weekend was a BIG milestone for everyone....I went away for the weekend and left Brad and Mallory by themselves! I think everyone was a little nervous about it in the beginning, but I am so thankful for Brad. He took the "challenge" like a pro and even gave Mallory a bath while I was gone! Not once did I ever worry about them or wonder if Brad could handle it. He is an awesome and FUN daddy! I did miss my little girl a little while I was gone.
On to the weekend. It was a blast! A couple of years ago, for Christmas, Tim and Brad got together and planned this weekend away thing for me and Kara to go on. They made brochures and everything. Very cute. Anyway. Due to certain circumstances (i.e. babies), we just now went on our weekend away. I'm glad the gift didn't have an expiration date!
We met in Fort Worth at lunchtime and were home after dinner on Saturday night. We had a blast! My dad was nice enough to let us use one of his free nights for a hotel. At first we didn't want to shop much, but since we didn't have our kids, and some extra cash since the hotel was free, shopping we did. I'll call the shopping excursion "Mission to accessorize". I am now the proud owner of some new jewelry that will "make my outfits". And we found the cutest, and most expensive, store ever. It is called Simple Things and if you are ever on University in Fort Worth, check it out. The furniture and fabric and everything in that store are amazing! The only thing I could afford were tin letters for a pregnancy scrapbook that I will complete sometime before I pass on....hopefully. Anyway. We had a lot of fun laughing, talking (seriously, you would think that we would run out of stuff to talk about), playing Boggle (which didn't last long since we were up till 3am!), eating (I sure did cheat again and have Taco Bueno and Chick-Fil-A!!), closing down Target and just having a relaxing, non-agenda night away.
I appreciate Brad giving me the time away. Unfortunately, he'll get to be a single dad again this weekend. I'm going on the women's retreat with our church for 2 nights! I probably should have spaced the weekends out a little more....oops! Thanks again, Brad, Tim and Kara!!
2 comments:
I'm glad you had a good time. That is awesome! Tell Brad that he can bring Mallory to Burk and I'll help take care of her!!!!!!! Ha! (not really "Ha!" because I'm serious). I know he can handle everything by himself though. Just wishing...but we'll see you Tuesday. Have a wonderful time on the retreat!
Sounds like so much fun!!! Good Job, Brad!!! Have fun on your retreat!
Post a Comment