Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Duh-nuh nuh-nuh nuh-nuh....

...you say it's my birthday! And it's my blog, so I can blog about my own birthday.

Yes, today I celebrate being alive for 27 years. That sounds old to me, but I know many people reading this are rolling their eyes. I am embracing 27 and enjoying it so far!

I had a super fun day. It started out with a doctor's appointment...boring...then I got lots of phone calls throughout the day of various people wishing me a happy birthday.

Brad and I had to go to Austin yesterday, so we celebrated a little early and had dinner there last night. But, we had planned on eating lunch together today, so when he got home, I was ready to eat! He said that lunch was being delivered. Hmmmm. What could it be? Pizza? I was starving, so I had to have a little snack while we waited....and then the doorbell rang. He opened the door, and it was Kara, Kaylee and Brooke...3 of my favorite people! Brad said I had a "typical Shannon reaction", I jumped up and down and said "Yay!!!" We had lunch, went shopping, had dinner (that Brad cooked...mmmm!) and then said goodbye around 8:30. It was so much fun and such a good surprise! I appreciate Kara driving the 3 hours (6 total) to surprise me for my birthday...thanks!!!! I love your hair and your girls!


Here are some pictures from the fun:
Flowers that were on the table when we got home from shopping...I love getting flowers!

The best picture we got of all 5 of us!
Kara, Kaylee, Brooke, Mallory and the birthday girl



BFF: Mallory and Brooke
Hey, they actually look like they were born 11 days apart now!





5 comments:

Wade said...

Happy Birthday!!

Glad you had fun!

Kelly booked our hotel for Mallory's baby dedication today - we can't wait to see you guys!

W

Anonymous said...

What a great birthday surprise! I'm glad you had a great day. Can't wait to see you guys!
B-Mom

campers said...

Happy Birthday to you! What a good surprise!!!

Meredith said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Jungs said...

What a wonderful surprise! It's so great to "see" you all. Happy late birthday!!