Anyway. Now for the important part. Mallory turned one while we were gone! Bad parents I know. But, we did give her a party the day before we left. I have to digress here. Please, remind me not to EVER: plan a birthday party, a trip to Mexico and prepare a child for staying with grandparents for a week away all in the same day! It was chaotic to say the least, but we all survived. Back to the party. We just had family over, grilled hot dogs and celebrated Mallory's first year. She enjoyed all the attention (which is surprising since most of the time she can be quite shy in big groups of people) and actually smiled! We love our Mallory and can't believe a year has already passed. Everyone is right, it goes by sooooo fast! She is a joy and has been so much fun. We can't wait to see what the next year has in store!
Here she is "opening" gifts. I really opened all of them (which was fun for me!) and she just played with the tissue paper.
This is the before picture. She is signing "more". Smart girl!!
Side note: Brad taught her to sign "please" at dinner last night. I can't stop laughing when she does it...quite cute!
And the after. She didn't need any help digging in, but I pushed the cake (gently) into her face! I couldn't resist. She probably would've given the cake a kiss, but this was more fun. My sister said she looked like a character off Fraggle Rock! Yes, she had her very own cake. Lucky for her, Sam's made the wrong size cake, so we got this one free!
Hosing her down in the sink. She wasn't a big fan. I can't see why...



6 comments:
I still can't believe she's already 1. The party was lots of fun...you did a great job!
It was a fun birthday...and I got to celebrate her "real day" with her which was soooo special. She was just such a joy to keep. The house was really empty when she left! I'm glad you guys had a good time on your trip. When's the next one? (trip I mean?)
B-Mom
I love her dress! How cute! I'm glad y'all got to have a nice relaxing trip. You guys need as much relaxation as possible after the two years you have had!
Yeah! For your trip! and Happy B-day to Mallory! Do you have any trip pics? Wish we were in the same town right now...to keep each other company :~)
Hey Alison! It would be fun to be in Abilene with you...it's tough during these soccer camp stretches!
We've got pictures from the vacation, but I haven't gotten the underwater film developed and I can't find my camera cord for the digital pictures. I'll post them soon though!
What a cute birthday girl you have! I am glad that y'all had a great anniversary trip, too! Cute family!!!!
Post a Comment