This is me 2 weeks ago (By the way, I can't believe I'm already into the 3rd trimester...it has gone by SOOOOO much faster this time!). I figured this picture will go along with the story so you can get the full mental image.
My grandfather has a girlfriend named Pauline. I had never met her until our recent trip out to California. She is quite the spunky and fun lady. She keeps my grandpa on his toes! Anyway. She invited the fam over to her house while we were visiting to have dinner. As we were clearing the table, I was trying to steal a couple more bites of grapes (since most of you know, with a toddler, you never get to finish your own meal). Well, the juice from the grapes went down the wrong tube and I start choking. Yes, you probably know where this is going. I give Mallory to my dad since I'm crying , coughing and can't breathe. My mom thinks I'm choking on the actual grape, so as I'm trying to explain, I start laughing and then it happens.
I can feel a warm liquid practically running down my legs. I run to the bathroom where Wade is and tell him to move it! Every time I cough (since the juice is still choking me up), more urine comes out. I look down to realize I can't wear any of the bottoms I wore to Pauline's house home. Literally, my shorts look like someone splashed a bucket of water on them.
I yell for my mom. She comes to the rescue (after almost peeing on herself too, along with Kelly). I ask her to borrow a towel or something from Pauline to wear home. So, she goes to get Pauline. Pauline replies with, "Oh, I've got the perfect thing for you to borrow." My mom says she's getting a bathrobe for me. Perfect. I can just wrap my whole body up and be covered. Oh no. She comes back with a SATIN NIGHTIE! This isn't good for 2 reasons. #1 It's mid thigh! #2 How awkward is it that I'm wearing my grandfather's girlfriend's nightie around without the proper undergarments on? I'll answer...very.
So, as to not be rude, I put the nightie on. Fortunately, it covers everything as long as I don't bend over. I stand in the hallway waiting for us to leave as my sister and mom keep laughing at me while they clean the kitchen. My poor dad and Wade. It had to be a little awkward for them too.
The worst part is that I still needed to stop at a grocery store to get milk for Mallory before she went to bed. And, I was riding with Kelly and Wade. Both of the car seats were in the backseat and my seat was in between them. Kelly obliged and crawled in the backseat for me. It was dark outside, but not that dark! And Wade ran into the store to get the milk for me.
I had heard that your bladder control gets worse the more kids you have. Holy cow, that is an understatement. All from some grape juice.
11 comments:
I can't believe you actually posted this!
It wasn't awkward for me! I was the one who kept asking to take a picture so I could put on my blog . . . but I relented since that would have been a little awkward for you!
I forgot how funny that was!
I am sitting at my desk at school laughing out loud...the kids are looking at me a little funny! That is the best story!!!!
Oh my gosh, this is why I love to read your blogs! But, I'm with Wade on this one...a picture paints a thousand words and it woulda been a great one! This story is up there with the "I don't wash my hands when I go to the bathroom" trip! Love it!
B-Mom
Sharon, I almost let Wade take my picture, but that would be too embarrassing:)
I have to say for everyone out there, that story is not about me...come on, I'm a nurse, of course I wash my hands after I use the ladie's room!! Too bad Jenn doesn't have a blog or we could give her a hard time about that!
Wow! That's awesome!! You crack me up! Maybe you should do a poll on your blog asking how many moms have had accidents. I already know of 2.
By the way, your pic is really cute! I love that skirt!
I'm not sure what to say because it's all been said. This ranks as one of your all-time funniest moments to experience live in person.
To be fair, I was laughing so hard that I almost had the same thing happen to me. Her nightie looked much better on you than it would've on me, though. :)
*loooool* - really, I am just rethinking if I ever want to get pregnant or if I better just adopt *loooool*
Thanks for sharing, I had a great time reading that!
I'm crying from laughing so hard! Such a funny story. Shall I mention the yard in front of Gardner????
I was going to make the comment that Brooke did. Didn't you have bladder control problems BEFORE kiddos? :) LOL!!! You are totally hilarious and I cannot stop laughing over this one. Yes, I would have to agree that this story is an all time favorite. I think you need to do some kegels!!! :)
Same as the rest. that is soooo funny. i love you shannon. you have the best stories!!! and i seem to remember the gardner situation too. i think i almost lost it when that happened!!
Well, now we have to hear the Gardner Story (to compare).
Thanks Brooke.
rpe
Post a Comment