When I was pregnant with Morgan, I always heard the funniest stories about older kids mimicking the mom breastfeeding. I waited and waited for Mallory to do it. It didn't happen for several months after Morgan was born. But, when it did happen, it was hilarious! She would put her baby (or dog, or whatever stuffed animal was conveniently there) up to her belly button and just hold it there for a couple of seconds. So cute...and weird, I know. Then, she started using my nursing pads and started pointing at our chests saying, "Morgan's food". I thought the obsession would be over in August when I stopped breastfeeding. It was...until last weekend!
My parents got a treat on Friday when they watched the girls for a couple of hours. Mallory was holding this stuffed bunny and acting like the bunny's mommy. All of sudden, she stopped and asked the bunny if he was hungry. She proceeded to lift up her shirt and "latched" the bunny on. Mom and Dad were rolling when they told me the story. I don't know where this came from. Her little memory is amazing.
So, it didn't surprise me this morning when I looked over and saw her doing this:
I think she has a future as a Lactation Consultant!
12 comments:
She is going to kill you one day for posting this. :) Still pretty funny!
I am laughing outloud at my desk!!!! That is hysterical!!!
Jason and I were cracking up....soooo cute and innocent. She is just presh!
LOL she IS going to kill you for posting this one day! Bella never caught on to this...Im not sure she ever realized what I was doing.
Guess I don't have to worry about finding the right doll bottle for her Christmas doll! She cracks me up!
This makes me cringe knowing Noelle will do the same thing! (And I'm sure she'll tell everyone about it & it'll be in public, too.) I was totally laughing at the belly button thing!
Oh that was the most precious thing! I loved when she said "thank you" when you told her she was a good mommy. And I loved how she just dropped baby on the floor when she was through eating. lol! You've set a great example, obviously!
HA!!! Too funny! That's so cute. One Sunday morning when we picked Bethany up from Bible Class, she and 2 other girls were sitting in the corner with their dresses all up, "nursing" their baby dolls. I think it's really sweet. :)
That is hilarious! And she knows what babies are supposed to eat from a young age! :)
I've never commented before, but I had to tell you how cute that was! She's adorable! What a great Mommy you must be! (Although, I must agree - one day, this will totally embarass her. Haha!)
I'm disturbed and really grossed out!!!
That is so funny!!! Faith just started that about a month ago. I wasn't to shocked though cuz I had a few girls in my 3 yr. old class last year that would do that because they had new babies in the fam. But Faith always says "Fia's" (Sophia's) food or drink. It is so cute!!! (unless it is in public, which I have experienced!!)
Post a Comment