We are a soccer family. We will be a soccer family until Brad stops coaching, or the girls rebel by not playing soccer!
Brad just started his fourth season at UMHB last week. I can't believe it's already time for soccer again! I still haven't decided which I like better...high school season in the freezing cold, or college in the blazing HOT sun, without any shade in sight. It's really six one way and six the other. Nonetheless, we have become soccer field rats! The girls donned their purple and gold to cheer on the Cru. I love "memory lane trips", so let's take one!
September 2006, Mallory is 3 months old. She was a trooper through the games. I looked like a bag lady pushing the stroller up to our spot. There was so much stuff piled on top, it was ridiculous!! Not sure why this picture is so small. And, yes, she is in a UT onesie. It was the first game of that season as well. Plus, the UMHB bookstore was lame and didn't have any infant clothes!
Brad just started his fourth season at UMHB last week. I can't believe it's already time for soccer again! I still haven't decided which I like better...high school season in the freezing cold, or college in the blazing HOT sun, without any shade in sight. It's really six one way and six the other. Nonetheless, we have become soccer field rats! The girls donned their purple and gold to cheer on the Cru. I love "memory lane trips", so let's take one!
September 2006, Mallory is 3 months old. She was a trooper through the games. I looked like a bag lady pushing the stroller up to our spot. There was so much stuff piled on top, it was ridiculous!! Not sure why this picture is so small. And, yes, she is in a UT onesie. It was the first game of that season as well. Plus, the UMHB bookstore was lame and didn't have any infant clothes!
September 2007, Mallory is 15 months old. I got smart (or cheap) and made my own Cru onesie! I know I am biased, but just LOOK at that face!! And, those pigtails!!!!! She was just barely walking here...sniff!October 2008, Mallory 2, Morgan 10 months. Mallory finally got some "official" Cru-wear and Morgan sports the homemade onesie. Notice the bag lady set-up. That golf umbrella saved our lives!!
Go CRU (and especially the coach)!!!!!
7 comments:
I hope Brad has a great season! We love us some futbol too around here! Morgan looks so different from last year!
Soccer Mom! ;) I think it's awesome how you and the girls are so supportive of Brad and really invest time in the thing he loves (not to mention how he makes $)! ;) That's what makes a strong family and you'll have those memories forever. (Don't tell Brad but Soccer and Hockey are pretty much the only sports I am clueless about...)
Jennifer, that is funny it's soccer and hockey...they are really similar rules wise:) It took me 4 years at Abilene High to finally understand off sides!!!!!
Go CRU! We'll be able to go to more games when we move closer......fun!
There's always a great coach's wife and family behind a great coach! (and I'm kind of prejudiced to soccer wives for some reason ;) Good luck for a great season--those little cheerleaders look so cute and I know their daddy is proud to have them on the sidelines!
You know I understand! But the last part reminded me of late night talks after games with Wayne saying, "Hey, did you see that play where David came off the end...what happened near the goal line?" To which I always replied, "Honey, do you remember I have three kids with me?" I never, ever saw a play until the crowd started yelling...then you glance up really quick to see what you can catch!
But now? I'm surrounded by girls who understand football and can time splits in the relays for him. They do grow and there are lots of games to see!! You're doing a great job, Shannon!
Too fun!. The girls are so cute! Blayne is playing soccer this year. He is so excited.
Post a Comment