Monday, October 19, 2009

Pumpkin patches

Every year we head out to a local pumpkin patch. And ever year, I'm on a mission to get an adorable picture of two sisters. Both smiling. Both looking at the camera. The camera that is in their mom's hands. And both sitting still until their mom gets the perfect picture. And every year I am reminded that they are TODDLERS!!!

This year, we hit three pumpkin patches in four days. Yep, you read that right!

Brad was on a long road trip (which the totally whooped up on!!), so we headed to the metroplex for some cousin time. I won't talk about the trip up there, because I want to remember the fun we had, and not the vomit I had to clean out of Morgan's car seat on I-35. The rest of the trip was wonderful and FUN!!

Our first stop was Halls Pumpkin Farm in Colleyville. We went with my parents and my sister's family. It was a super fun place for the kids to run around. We rode on a "hay ride", got to feed donkeys and cows, pedal tractors and there were lots of photo ops. Lots of photo ops unless you don't charge your camera battery:)


Morgan's new smile is killing me! I think it hilarious and she does it every time you ask her to smile.

Morgan learned a new word...donkey! And, it's as hilarious as her smile when she says it:) I can't help but think how Morgan and this donkey resemble each other. Can you see it?? Look how brave Mallory is!!! She only wanted to do it once, and didn't even try feeding the cow. Can't blame her, they stuck their tongue out and literally wrapped it around the bread and slimed you to death...ga-ross!!!!

A decent shot of the sisters. They were so much more into running around and chasing after Tate.

Up next, the Silo Christmas Tree Farm! Brad got home super late (or early) Sunday, so we let him have some down time while we had fun with our neighbors. We get our Christmas tree from this place every year and have been wanting to get to the pumpkin patch for a while. It was a blast and we stayed over 2 hours!


Mallory and Morgan with our neighbors: Brian, Katie, Bailey and Claire

The hay pile was a huge hit!


Morgan didn't really care for the activities. She mainly wanted to be held the whole time. I did manage to get my little pumpkin on a big pumpkin! She is sitting on the biggest pumpkin I've ever seen!!



Buddies, Bailey and Mallory. They are only 2 months apart and have a lot of fun together!



Mallory got to be a big girl and ride the hay ride all by herself! Brian and Katie are twins and are 10 years old. They love the little ones, so Claire and Mallory hopped on and rode with them. Mallory almost chickened out when I said I wasn't going, but then couldn't back out because the tractor started up and off she went!

And, last but not least, our local pumpkin "patch" at a Methodist Church field. Our playgroup (well, all 4 of us) met there this morning. I could barely get the girls to sit still for one picture. I finally said, "Okay, y'all have had fun, now in 5 minutes, Mommy gets to take your picture!"

This pretty much sums up what Morgan thought of sitting still to take a picture...not happening!!

I did get an adorable picture of Mallory! I'm not sure where she has learned this new pose, but it is hilarious! She literally poses like this all the time now. I'll take it!!

So, I guess I'll stick to front door photo ops without any distractions for that card worthy picture...and with a fully charged camera battery!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Grandpa would not be happy with that Massey-Ferguseon tractor pic!!! So cute.

Love,
Aunt B

Mimi said...

So cute Shannon. How many pumpkins did u end up with?

Kelly said...

Morgan's smile cracks me up...so cute! It was a super-fun weekend!

Chris and Merry said...

I loved looking at your blog! Your girls are just precious!

Jennifer said...

Your girls are just adorable!

mandy said...

Oh my...I really think Morgan and Hannah are long lost twins! Hannah does that same smile all the time now, crazy, huh??

B-Mom said...

Thanks for sharing the pics. Beautiful granddaughters!