Monday, February 22, 2010

"La la la la, la la la la, Elmo's World!"

Our friends, Laura and Maddie, invited me and Morgan to Sesame Street Live. We had so much fun! Laura found amazing seats (first row off the floor).

Sweet little friends. Maddie and Morgan are 6 months apart.





Cotton Candy! I refuse to pay $10 for an Elmo balloon (that you can find at Walmart for $2!!), but can't resist the popcorn and cotton candy. Somehow spending $10 on snacks is different??!!

Love Maddie's pigtails and "poofs"! She would just sit in Laura's lap flapping her arms like crazy the whole time!


I couldn't get her to look at the camera...mesmerized or scared:)




Where's Elmo? There he is!


While we were singing along to Elmo's World, Brad and Mallory had a zoo date! She was so cute about it. I knew where they were going, but when Brad told her, he said it was a secret. I asked several times and each time she told me she couldn't tell me. "It's a secret Mommy, you don't tell secrets!" Unlike when she spilled the beans about my peacoat...
We were having fun with the camera before we left. Here's Morgan's picture of us. She turned the complete opposite way of our faces, so we all leaned waaaaay over!


Mallory was dying to find out where we had been. Hey, if she can keep a secret, we can, too! Brad told her we went to see Elmo. She responded, "The real Elmo?" "Not uh!" Poor girl. I've already told her that she and I will have a little date together soon.
On a different note, I woke up without a voice this morning! No, it was not from screaming at Elmo:) I started getting a cough on Friday and I guess all the hacking and talking yesterday made it go away. It's been really quiet around here. Amazing how much less yelling happens when all you can do is whisper!!
The girls are cracking me up. Mallory just laughs when I try to talk...and asks me to keep talking because it sounds funny. When I do whisper, she usually whispers back. Hopefully it will be back soon...it's going to be tough ordering my Coke in the drive thru tomorrow:)

5 comments:

Kacie said...

They are so precious!

Anissa said...

Shannon -- we are going to be in Temple on Sunday and Monday (Feb 28/March 1) for appts at Scott and White! Email me so we can make plans to get together... anissa@thetylers.us (i'd email you, but I can't find your contact info!)

mandy said...

Elmo looked fun! I've been wanting to take them to that....I love the picture of Morgan...she looks totally mesmerized, how funny!

Meredith said...

Hey! I gave you a Kreative Blogger award, go visit my blog and find out about it. Thanks for always having something fun to read!

Becky said...

oh how fun...wish i would have known elmo was coming to town...i know one little 2 year old at my place who would have loved to hug his neck and sing along! looks like you girlies had lots of giggles :)