So, it is officially official. I am the mom of a five year old. A soon-to-be kindergartener. A girl, not a little girl, she tells me all the time. A girl that can get dressed by herself, comb her own hair, have her own opinion about what she wants to wear, buckle herself with a seatbelt, have actual conversations, add numbers, spell a handful of words and is so excited to finally be five!
It's hard to believe it was five years ago when we saw this sweet face (which looks a lot like her little brother's face):
Her choice for her birthday dinner? Subway. Yes, Subway. Of all the restaurants she could pick from, she chose Subway. Hilarious.
After dinner, we walked over to BJ's for a birthday pazookie (which is free on your birthday, fyi):
The day of her party, decorating some princess cupcakes:
Her first time to ride in her booster with a seat belt (a big deal for her and me!):
And, on to the big party! Last year, several friends and I were talking about parties. We tossed around the idea of doing a joint party together, and then a brilliant idea came to us...rent out Lions Junction! It was hands down, the easiest party ever! Mallory had a pretty fun party last year (Oreo the horse), but this one might have taken the title (don't you agree, Karen?). There were five of us that rented it out. We barely made a dent in the amount of people you can invite. We had the entire park to ourselves, complete with lifeguards. The only prep was making cupcakes and buying drinks. It was so, so easy. If any Temple friends want to join in next year, I think we'll do it again! Probably until they don't think it's cool anymore:)
She was SO excited (and I barely saw her all night!):
The birthday kids: Joshua (6), Mallory (5), Kate (5), Bella (5) and Maddie (3)
We had one big "Happy Birthday song" and then everyone dug into the cupcakes:
So now I will try to soak in the next two months. I'm afraid I'll be a mess when August comes. It's such a weird emotion. I'm so glad she's a big kid, but so sad to lose the littleness. Sigh.

5 comments:
I'll be right there with you come August. I will have somewhat of a distraction with the birth of Henry, but I now know why our school has a "Boo Hoo, Ye-Hah" breakfast for moms of kindergartners. Add to that my post-delivery hormones and you all may want to keep a 5 mile radius!
Looks like she had a fun birthday....hilarious she chose Subway!
cute apron!!! wish mine would have chosen subway...we got to go to Mr. Gatti's...yeah.
Glad you noticed Kara! The girls love those aprons...when they get to cook with me:) TWO weeks!!!!
Somehow I missed this earlier. Happy belated birthday on the blog Mallory! :) Still bummed that we had to miss the party. Looks like lots of fun. Can't believe she's so big. What a fun year this is going to be for her. Love you Mallory!
Post a Comment