Saturday, April 28, 2007

Like mother, like daughter

****Disclaimer: I apologize to any family members that see these pictures and are angry that I didn't get permission ahead of time to post them on the Internet. All proper names have been left out. ****



Moving on. From birth, Mallory has pretty much taken a liking to looking like me. As she has grown, there are days when she looks exactly like me, and some days she looks just like Brad. I think that is so weird! I think it's the eyes and HUGE eyebrows (I am old enough to "groom" mine) that makes her look so much like me.

I found these pictures at my parent's house a couple of weeks...or months ago...and couldn't get over how much Mallory looks like me! Unfortunately, I don't have any of Mallory in similar poses (to get the full effect), so if you can't remember, go to earlier posts! Get ready for a flashback to 1981!


Shannon and her cousin

Grandma (isn't she cute!!), Shannon, Uncle and Shannon's sister (we didn't start looking like we came from the same family until college probably!)


Shannon, Shannon's mom (look at that 'do and the sunglasses!) and her cousin again


I think it's pretty cool how all that genetics stuff works. I wonder if we'll still look alike when she is way older....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't remeber seeing either of those pics with Amy...You'll have to send to me. Probably the only pic we have reminding us of Beau Monde even.

Aunt B

Kelly said...

Crazy! In that first picture, you and Mallory even have that same serious look on your face. Both are cute! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Shannon,

I thought your parents would have learned by now to keep photos in a safe place when you and Wade are lurking around! I am still trying to forget all of those bad hair years.

-amy

Anonymous said...

I think that's a great photo of you holding Shannon. -Butch

Shannon said...

I'll send you those pics Aunt Barbara. I had to ask dad about that restaurant...for some reason, I don't remember it:)

And Amy, I'm sorry! I think the pictures are really cute though!!