Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thoughts at 1:55 in the morning

I am up late getting stuff ready for the big party on Saturday...silly I know. She won't even stinking remember it!

I had a moment tonight. We bought Mallory's "big girl" car seat and I installed it in our car. She is no longer in her infant carrier (not that we still carried her around!). I didn't cry, but it did make me realize just how big she is getting. I still can't believe she will be a year old on Tuesday. Seriously...where has the time gone?

*********************************************************************************
Chapter 2 in the "Chaos". This is a short one. We have closed on our house in Abilene and now we are "living it up" in a hotel for the week. Lots of relaxing, trips to Target and eating out...some of my favorite things to do! Only 5 short days until we meet the little girl and still no place to live permanently...we are nervous and excited all at the same time. Fun!

*********************************************************************************
Here's proof that Mallory is getting old. Our barricades in the living room do not work anymore, and after succeeded to crawl over the floor pillows, I had to think of something else. I didn't get my camera quick enough, but she had a grip on the opposite side of the baskets with her whole leg flung into the basket ready to crawl over the whole thing...turkey! She then got mad at me (probably for taking a picture of her and not helping her!) and promptly took a bath and went to bed. I'm afraid the "terrible 2's" won't wait for her second birthday...





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Turkey is right. Pretty amazing how they change so much in one day!! I am so sad that we don't get to come to the party!! I am sure it will be a hit!!! Have fun!!
Love ya'll!!

Brooke said...

I hope y'all have a great party!! Will you ever buy those trick candles for Mallory? I could see you and Brad really enjoying that.

Anonymous said...

The party was huge success...the cake in the face was the "icing on the cake." Ha! When you get to be grandparents you can reflect on how fast your children grew up...and then watch as your grandchildren do the same. But, it is a blessing to watch them grow "in the nurture and admonition of the Lord." Thanks, Shannon for all you do to see that happens! You are a remarkable, Godly wife and mother. We love you.
B-Mom

Brooke said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MALLORY!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ms. Mallory!!! Your Aunt Barbara is late as usual. Hope you had a great day.

Love from sunny California!!!!