My dad, or "Ba-Pa" as Mallory calls him (can't quite get Grandpa out yet), requested some new video of Mallory walking. Seeing as she has gotten better at that and learned a brand new word, I thought I'd share 2 videos!
This one is sideways (sorry), but she is walking up to our front door after we checked the mail one day. This has turned into our little routine. After she gets up from her nap, we head outside check the mail and see her mommy get freaked out by the gecko that is ALWAYS in our mailbox ready to run across your hand when you reach in to grab the mail. D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G! Anyway. She loves to go outside now and always wants to go back after we come in. It's still pretty hot, so I try to distract her with toys or something else...is that mean? Oops.
The second video is cute (I'll admit it), but already has become the "naughty word" in our house. She literally started mimicking me a couple of weeks ago when I would tell her not to touch the trash can or the oven. We thought it was cute...at first. Within 2 days, she learned several ways to say the word and how to use it in the right situation. She's even added a "cute" little dance routine to the word on occasion (my sister in law calls it an "Indian Rain Dance" when my niece does it). Mallory is now 16 months. Isn't that kind of early to have such sass?? We've started spelling the word in front of her so she doesn't hear it as often and we've started asking her to say "Yes!". Both tricks seem to be helping....occasionally. Brad's parents were in town for soccer 2 weekends ago and got to see the word in action. Larry's line at the end of the video is great!
5 comments:
It is indeed nice to be a grandparent and be able to crack up watching/listening to "the word." Loved it!
B-Mom & Pop
Video #1- So cute!
Video #2 - Hilarious. I know it will be my turn soon, but from this side of things, it's pretty funny!
That is hilarious!! I feel like it is a losing battle with that word in our house with a 1 and 2 year old!! I guess it could be worse! hahaha
both videos are adorable! she is getting so big! I have to admit when she says it....it is pretty irresistible!
Those are so cute. I am waiting for Faith to get there. Right now she just shakes her head really hard back and forth when she doesn't want to do something. She just got that toy that Mallory is playing with in the video for her b-day. She seems to like it. Can't wait to see you in a week.
Post a Comment