I think everyone can have one of these (some have more depending on what town you live in!).
So. I'm still trying to get the hang of this 2 kid thing. I was doing good until lunch time came and both of the girls had to eat. I had to run by the bank and Walmart all before Mallory's naptime. We made it to the bank with Morgan screaming in the background the whole time (she's not a fan of the car stopping). Then, while we were at Walmart, I was going to mail off our house payment. It was super windy and the envelope blew from my hand as soon as I reached out to put in in the drop box. I run out of the car, leave both kids there while it's running, and haul booty across the parking lot to catch it. I do and get it mailed off. Morgan is still screaming at this point. I was thinking about turning around and going home because I figured the trip would just get worse. But, I still went (mainly because we didn't have ANYTHING for dinner). Stick with me here. The funny part is coming.
I'm in the meat aisle trying to figure out what a boneless beef chuck roast is, when this older man (probably in his 80's) drives his buggy next to ours. He starts talking to Mallory and reaches out his hand for "five". She just stares at him the whole time (which isn't very uncommon) and won't talk at all. Not even a "hi". Before he leaves, he says, "I bet I know why you aren't talking to me, you read my hat." I looked up at his hat and almost laughed out loud. This sweet, little elderly man was wearing a hat that said "Show me your boobs". Wow. He then proceeded to say that he was a "naughty old man" while he drove his buggy away. I stood there speechless.
12 comments:
OMGoodness! That is the funniest real-live story that I have heard in awhile!! I am laughing out loud!
You just make my day every time I read your Blog and this one is especially hilarious! Oh, my goodness...Pop & I are cracking up. I could hardly read it to him!
B-Mom
This seriously has to be the funniest story I've heard in awhile!
oh wow! definitely a naughty old man! good job to Mallory for holding back the high five. lol! too funny!
that is great! Brent will love it! I am sure Brad did too! Poor Mallory!
Shannon, I cannot stop laughing right now....naughty old man! HA! I love it! You are hilarious Shannon. Only you would have this kind of story.
Too funny!
Too funny. Glad to see that you've already taught Mallory not to talk to "naughty old me". That just cracks me up.
By the way, did you figure out what a chuck roast was?
Mimi
Oops, didn't me "naughty old me", meant "naughty old men"!! Now I'm laughing out loud again.
Gotta say, Mimi...even typos make the story funny! Your sweet daughter cracks me up!
B-Mom
That is hilarious!!!!! I have a Walmart story but it is a little different than yours - I thought I was going to be portrayed as a clearly insane loon on the 10 O'clock news - dragging 3 kids out of Walmart mid shopping trip as they ALL screamed their heads off!
Ok I had to catch up, so I read the last 2 blogs. I almost wet my pants (I am pregnant, so I blame that). SOOOO FUNNY!! All these stories make me miss you so much.
Post a Comment