Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I Love You!!!!

Shannon Leigh,

I wanted to break into your blog world and let you and everyone who reads this know how much you mean to me. I am a big, dumb animal and never have the right words to say that will do my thoughts justice. So I will try now...

Who would have thought 8 years ago (or so) I would make the most important phone call of my life. I called Lori!! Thankfully,some of your friends are just as ditzy as you are and agreed to meet me and my friends. From the moment I laid eyes on you I was "diggin' yo chili". Let the hookup begin! (not really...for those who don't know it took much persuit and begging to get her to look my way) I really believe that if it weren't for my sweet '94 Chevy Beretta I wouldn't have stood a chance:) I didn't mind being used.

Wow! We have now been married for 5 years and 8 months and have 2 beautiful daughters! God has been good to me. I now have such a deeper love for you! Why?


* you're stinkin' hot! Are you kidding me? You've had 2 children!

* You are a coach's wife - A brutal and often lonley position. You not only married me but my profession and have been my biggest fan. You love my players like they are you own boys. You are a soccer fan! You love me through wins and loses. You understand my time away from home (in-season and recruiting). You have to sit on the sideline with parents and fans...which I am sure is a bit uncomfortable at times. You pray for my team and players before every game!

* You have delivered 2 little babies. There is something about seeing you in labor and all the hard work that goes on and the joy you have on your face when you see our little baby girl. Indescribable!

* You left a job you enjoyed, a church you loved and a best friend all for me and my job. As we began to pray you allowed yourself to be open to the move even though it was terrible timing. I can never thank you enough for your sacrifice!

* You take care of my little girls while daddy's at work everyday. I will confess...my job is so much easier than what you do daily. Not only do you have to tend to the needs of a 20 month old and 2 month old girl you find time to keep the house up and cook.

* I know I say this all the time...You are the opposite of me! You are good looking and I am not so attractive! You are nice and I am a sarcastic jerk! You are good to others and I can't even remember names. You plan and I have no idea what I am doing tomorrow.

* Most importantly, you love the Lord! Your desire to know and seek him out encourages and often challenges me to do the same. I am blessed to have a wife who prays for me daily and walks side by side with me as we follow Jesus!

Please know that everything you do and all the sacrifices you make do not go unnoticed! Thank you! I LOVE YOU!


15 comments:

Shannon said...

Thanks, dear! Just what I needed today!

And, now I'm changing my password...who knows what you might try to blog about next! Ha!

Kelly said...

Go Brad! Everything he said was so true. We all think you're doing a great job Shannon. See, I knew deep down inside Brad wanted to be a blogger! :)

Anonymous said...

Super sweet!

Anonymous said...

Now, from the mother-in-law. Shannon, you are indeed, a priceless jewel and not only will your children, "...rise up and call you blessed" but so do your mother & father-in-law. I know sometimes it is super hard for you to be a soccer widow and a mom...and I also know what it is like to live with a Bankhead boy! They can be super sensitive and sweet at times and at other times so sarcastic and never know when to stop! I've lived with one for 35 years. BUT, I am so thankful for you for loving my son and standing by him in life decisions. God will bless you...your crown will have many jewels! And, thank you for my precious granddaughers! I love you and, Brad, tell her everyday how much you love her and appreciate her! And, also remember that actions speak even louder! Never take it for granted. Enough of the mother/mother-in-law, huh.
B-Mom

Krich said...

Ahh! How sweet! I have to agree...you are pretty amazing and I am so thankful that the Lord has allowed me to have you as a best friend! Love ya!

Lori said...

I am just glad you haven't forgotten who to THANK for the hook up!!! And DITZY - come on now. Super sweet Brad and I must agree, Shannon is all that!!

On another note, I am coming to Austin for a week. March 17-21, so you better be in town and I'll do whatever I need to see you missy and your little two missies. :)

The Brackeens said...

Whoa! Are you kidding me? It's hard to get men to express their feelings in private, much less to the WHOLE WORLD! You go Brad! I love to see marriages where both love the Lord and love each other and seek to build each other up and encourage and appreciate each other. It is so important and Brad did such a good job. What a man! And you, too, Shannon. Way to be a fantastic mom and wife... I think Brad quoted the Proverbs 31 woman in modern day terms. :)

Wade said...

Hey Brad,

If I give you Kelly's password will you go write something like this on her blog - only write it as if it were from me because getting something like this from her brother-in-law might creep Kelly out!

But needless to say, you're a good man and a great husband & father - what a blessing you and your sweet family are to all of us!

W

Shauna said...

Brad...you used to be such a "sarcastic jerk" (your words) - who would of thought you could be such a sweet husband! :) JK! So sweet! Oh, and Shannon - Email me - I am going to work on a header for your page (fo free) if you want one. ksmccallaghan@hotmail.com

campers said...

probably not something a pregnant woman should've read at her desk with children around! what a great hubby! He is right...you are awesome~ But I agree Change your password~ You never know with him! :~)

Meredith said...

B-R-A-D!! You are sooooo sweet. Shannon, I had no idea he could stand not to be sarcastic for 10 minutes. Ha! Just kidding. That was so neat and Shannon you really are a precious person and friend. I'm now going to make Mark read this and reflect. ;)

Meredith said...

Ohhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I love your new blog!!!!!!!!!!!

Shannon Morrison said...

that is the sweetest thing i have ever seen. how blessed your girls will be by this someday down the road!

Anonymous said...

Well done Brad. I've always known Shannon found her perfect husband when she fell in love with you. Besides a great husband, your a wonderful father and son in law. We are so thankful Shannon found you, or rather, you found Shannon.
Thanks for seeing and sharing all the wonderful qualities our youngest daughter possesses. Both Shannon and Kelly are very special daughters, wives and mothers. Rick and I could not be prouder of our daughters, or the men they married.

By the way, I have to ask, were you in trouble when you wrote this blog?

Brooke said...

That was so sweet! Brad, you sure know how to make all the female readers jealous! Shannon, everything Brad said about you is so true that those characteristics are apparent to everyone around you.