Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A new look and a sweet hubby!

Okay, before I gush over the AWESOME new blog template that my new blog friend Shauna made me...I must talk about the previous post first.
Brad gave me WAY too much credit, but I guess he thinks it's all true:) He literally broke into my blog (sneaky, sneaky) by making me change my password (I was wondering why I randomly got an email from google asking me to change my password earlier that day...). We had our "official" Valentine's celebration last night, hence the romantic post from him! I love him for his random days of being sappy, his humor (he can make me laugh more than ANYONE), his love for our girls (Morgan, get ready for some serious tickle fights!), his love for the Lord and his love for me! I guess you could say "I did good!"
And, onto the new header/blog. Shauna just started doing these and offered to snaz up my blog for me. I LOVE IT and have wanted something catchy like this for a while. I have no clue how to even begin to make a header, so I welcomed the help! I think she did a great job and it was a fun "email marathon" during nap time today!
Another exciting thing happened today. I got a library card! I know, I'm a bad mommy (and I feel like a dork because that was exciting to me). We've lived here for over a year. Secretly, I fear going to the library. I don't know if I remember how to use the card catalog! Isn't that sad?? At least all of the toddler books are in one place:) Anyway. Mallory and I started going to story time at the library last fall. It's been a while since we went last, and I have been really feeling guilty about Mallory spending so much time at home playing with the same toys and reading the same books EVERYDAY, so we attempted it today. 10:30am on Wednesday is my nemesis. I just can't seem to make it out the door on time for the life of me! Today, we were late (again), but I went anyway. She enjoyed the last 2 minutes of singing and then some socializing with kids at the activity tables. She sat with a couple of older girls (about 4 years old) and just stared at them. Wouldn't say a word! It didn't really surprise me. On the way out, we got our card and checked out a couple of books for the bookworm.
I also made a super tasty tomato sauce from a recipe my mom gave me (from scratch people! It's not as hard as I thought!). I think I have enough sauce in my freezer to have spaghetti every night for a month!
Mallory has emptied all of the pens from the cup. I better go before she has ink everywhere!
*For some reason, there aren't any breaks in my paragraphs and spell check isn't working...sorry!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute blog! And, I just love reading your entries. Can I have the tomato sauce recipe? I figure since your green bean bunches are such a hit...I need to try all your recipes! It's supposed to be the other way around right...mother-in-law gives recipes instead of requesting them! I'll trade you for your "favorite salad" recipe!
B-Mom

campers said...

love the new look!!!!

Shauna said...

Ok - hope that the makeover did screw up your paragraphing..or spell check...And about the whole fear of the library - I am right there with you. I fear it for a few reasons - #1 the card catalog - #2 my kids getting us kicked out.
Librarians are scary!

Brooke said...

Love the new look!