Sunday, June 22, 2008

Happy half birthday...late!

Yes, I celebrate half birthdays. Well, technically it's not a celebration, more of just an acknowledgement of the day. Anyway. Morgan turned half a year old last week. I still can't believe it!! We went to Brad's parent's house over the weekend and his Nanny was there. She was asking when the next time we'd be up there would be. Between Brad's soccer schedule and traveling by myself with 2 kiddos, I told her it would probably be Christmas and Morgan will be a year old!!!!!! She might be walking by the time Nanny sees her again. It's just really crazy how fast they grow up.
6 month stats:
17 pounds, 5 ounces
26 inches
One pound heavier and one inch shorter than Mallory at 6 months!



I've been hearing a lot lately, that Morgan and Mallory are looking more alike. I wish I could put up Mallory's 6 month picture (can't get to my pictures on our computer right now). There are similarities, but Morgan still favors her daddy more!

Another example of the differences between Morgan and her sister: One smiles (quite easily), the other looks like she is completely bored and sooooo ready to move on.
One of my current favorite pictures of them together:
So. Morgan hated the Bumbo the first time she was in it, loved it after that, and now she catapults herself out of it! I barely put her in it anymore since she can practically touch her head to the floor when she arches out of it. But, I saw a picture of someone's kid in a Bumbo in their wagon, and thought we'd give it a try. About 5 minutes into the walk, she was arching back and almost out of the wagon. I carried the 17 pound turkey the rest of the walk. That is a lot of chunk to carry around!

Another picture that she will hate when she is older. Mallory and I were playing with her tea set, and Mallory thought the top would make a good hat for me. Then I put it on Morgan and couldn't resist documenting the moment.
Morgan has gotten to spend time with more family this past month, too.

Here she is with her cousin, Johnathan. They bonded while doing tummy time at BMom and Pop's house last weekend. Johnathan is 6 weeks younger than Morgan, but weighs more than her!! It's a good thing Morgan has lots of pink to wear...I'm afraid she would get mistaken for Johnathan's twin brother in this picture if she didn't!



Here she is with her Great Nanny. I think I've blogged about Nanny before. She is the sweetest lady I know!

Morgan is getting more and more fun every month. She is now on her "Gs" (ga-ga) when she talks to you. It's really pathetic sounding when she does it while she's crying. She can roll both ways, but prefers to keep that trick to herself most of the time. If you put a remote control or cell phone in front of her, she gets super excited and will scoot toward it. She is officially sitting up all by herself. I can walk out of the room and she will stay that way! I have to be careful with Mallory on the loose. She pushed her over the other day. And, she's bonked her head a few times, but nothing too damaging. Still no teeth yet!

She is a happy baby and we are thankful for that! The last few days, she started with a runny nose and fever, so we are reminded what it is like to have a not-so-happy baby.

5 comments:

LaShay & Steve said...

LOOOOOOOVVVEEE the pics! I can't believe how big they're all getting! I wish we could've been home this weekend with everyone!

Brooke said...

Wow! Morgan does look a lot like Johnathan!

What is it with cell phones and remotes? Audrey can't get enough of those or tags or paper!

Lori said...

So cute. I love the pic of Morgan smiling so big and Mallory looking at you (or whoever is taking the pic.) like "I got better things to do than this". So funny!!! Morgan is so big!!!! I can't wait to see you guys again. Hope you come back to Abilene soon.

And like Brooke said... what is it with cell phones and remotes. I got faith a little play cell phone that rings and stuff. And she will flip open that phone and talk and talk. AND if we are leaving she has to have it in her purse or she goes crazy. The purse, cell phone and a bracelet has to be with her all the time. SO GIRLY!!!

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness that teapot/hat picture is hilarious! That will be a rehearsal dinner photo one day for sure! :) Teapot hat or not, she's a cutie!

JLB said...

Soooooooo cute! I love the pic of Mallory holding (hugging) on to Morgan! So precioius. Glad we could spend some time together these last two weekends....Love!