It was an exciting day in our house one week ago...Mallory graduated to her big girl bed and Morgan finally got to sleep in a crib instead of a pack-n-play!
I'm sure I'll jinx myself now, but so far, Mallory has slept through the night and all naps in her bed without getting out. Her big girl bed is a daybed, so we just put up one of those extra long side rails. Pretty much every night and afternoon we threaten her with her life (obviously joking) if she gets out of her bed. Each time she is just standing up in her bed, which is not allowed, so she gets "the look". She has loved running to her "big girl bed" and sleeping in it so far. I've heard the newness will wear off after a couple of weeks and then they figure out they can get out. It will be interesting to see what happens.
The only tears she has shed from this experience, is the first time I put her in her room to play while I took a shower. Since before Morgan was born, I started putting Mallory in her crib with toys and books while I showered. I guess she really enjoyed her alone time, because she would often ask to go there!! So, it was kind of a shock when she couldn't play in her bed. But, we brought out the standbys (her Leap Frog frog and Baby Elmo), and she was good to go. I'm glad. It makes me nervous having a toddler roaming around the house while I'm out of pocket ...even if it is only 15 minutes!
Morgan has had no trouble transitioning either. I think she likes being up higher (I do, it's easier to get her in and out!!). Side note: Aunt Erica, if you are reading, Morgan loves her blanket just like Mallory does! When she is sleepy, I'll put it on my shoulder and she'll lay her head down and start sucking on that thumb!! It's pretty sweet (and convenient for babysitters and the church nursery!).
I'll have to post pictures of the crib with the bumper pad later. Her poor room. It needs a little personality to it! I've just put it off since it wasn't "complete" without her crib.
Next big transition: getting rid of the pacifier. I dread this one.
2 comments:
Yea for the big girl bed. I have been wandering when to transition Faith, but I think I am going to have to give her some time after the baby is born. I don't want to rock her world to much, so we will start with little sister. We were given a crib anyway, so we have 2 now, but I want to at least put her in her toddler bed before to long. She looks so little in her big girl bed. So sweet.
awww! So sweet...don't they always look so precious when they are asleep.....it makes me sad just thinking about a transition!
Post a Comment