Nothing real exciting around here. Just some pictures and a story...just like the title says.
I hope Morgan's eyes stay blue! Mallory's had already turned a pretty blue gray by this time, but even hers are changing. They are getting more and more brown in them.
This one is for my mom (Mimi). Mimi bought Mallory a little watering can to help her when they planted flowers a couple of months ago. So, while I was tidying up the flower beds, I taught Mallory how to water the grass!
She spotted her tutu in the closet and wanted it on after her bath. I was just wondering when the "dress up" phase starts. I guess now! The tutu was in her way while she was reading, so she had to hold it up...or, she was holding it up to show Morgan, I can't remember.
***********
Isn't it strange when you watch your child and think, "I wonder if that is how I acted/looked/talked/slept when I was their age?" Well, I thought that yesterday, and I think I was right on! Yesterday, Mallory woke up in a FOUL mood. She took a 3+ hour nap, so I thought she'd be in a great mood when I went in to get her. Usually, she loves it when I bring Morgan in with me. So, when she didn't make any mention of Morgan when we walked in, I thought something might be wrong. Well, after endless whining/crying while changing her diaper and coming out in the living room, I decided to put Mallory back to bed. I told her she could go back to sleep until she was in a better mood. Literally, 5 minutes later, I heard her talking in her room. So, Morgan and I went in to get her and she was a COMPLETELY different child. Seriously. So happy to see Morgan, couldn't wait to play, smiles all around. Wow. I think I just saw a glimpse of what I was like as a child. I was telling my parents this story, and they agreed...and laughed!! I'm sure anyone I've ever lived with would agree too. I would be lying if I said it's gotten better. What can I say? I need my sleep, and I need time to wake up from my sleep!!
1 comment:
Speaking from lots of experience...Shannon needs LOTS of time to wake up. Her nickname was Grumpy Bear! :) Good times.
Post a Comment