I just returned from a trip to Walmart. I specifically went to return a few items and to buy swim diapers. Mallory had a major ghetto booty last week at playgroup, so I am finally caving and buying the overpriced things! Anyway. Walmart is not good for ADD. Of course the swim diapers are in the kid's clothing section, right beside the shoe aisle. So, as I'm perusing the kid's shoes, I stumble across some pretty cute black patent strappy sandals for me. I try on the right shoe. They are even cuter on. I look at the price, and they are on clearance for $5! Even better. I toss them into the buggy and off I go. Fast forward about 30 minutes. The girls are tucked into bed for naps and I'm unloading the bags from the car. Proud of my $5 shoes, I retrieve the box to try them on together. I pull out the left shoe and put it on. Cute. I reach in for the right shoe...and can't find it. Somehow I have bought a pair of shoes and only came home with one, the one I didn't try on in the store. Ughhh! I even put the box under the buggy so the girls wouldn't play with it. Who knows where that lonely shoe is. And who knows where my brain is sometimes! At least I can laugh at myself.
2 comments:
That's ok, Shannon. Five dollars is still a good deal for just one shoe.
Or you can wear just one shoe and hop around all day on one foot.
I realize that would be completely pointless and potentially dangerous but it would definitely keep people from noticing that you're only wearing one shoe! They would instead just be really confused why you're hoping around on one foot.
Post a Comment