Thursday, October 30, 2008

10 months old...2 weeks ago

I am behind on Morgan's big 10 month post, but to be honest, I'm just impressed with myself that I've kept up these monthly milestone posts!
So, Morgan turned 10 months old on the 18th. I feel like she has changed a lot in the last month. Not necessarily what she looks like, but what she is doing!



The girl is crawling everywhere. Soccer games are chaotic now. She used to be content sitting on the blanket and playing with toys. Not anymore. She wants to be where big sister is...and anyone for that matter! Next year will be much better. Hopefully they will just run off and play with the other kids and I can actually watch some of the game...instead of watching game film with Brad later that night! Along with crawling comes the pulling up. This just started in the last few weeks. She mastered pulling up to her knees and then all of a sudden, she was standing at the couch! Her most hilarious move is while she crawls, she will get up on her toes like a gorilla. I'm just waiting for her to figure out how to move while she is on her toes.




She talks all the time. There are no "official" words yet, but her repertoire includes mama (sounding more like na-na), dada and da-do (for hello). The other day, we had our first real "conversation" if you will. She was in her high chair and I was trying to feed her baby food. I think she is done with baby food by the way. That might have been the last jar I fed her. Sniff. Anyway. She would not eat any of it. She kept pushing my hand away and just lifting her finger pointing (one of her current favorite things to do). So, after getting a little frustrated, I asked her what she was pointing at. I looked over and it was her sippy cup! I gave it to her and she drank (for a while). The turkey was trying to tell me she was thirsty!! Amazing. She gobbled up the food after that. There it is. Our first real life conversation.



In most pictures you can't tell, but she is getting her hair in slowly but surely. It's pretty thick in the back. Occasionally she'll actually have bed head!! I've pretty much given up on the bows. She just yanks them down around her neck and chews on them. I reserve them for special occasions...or when I know people will mistake her for Mallory's brother instead of sister!



Morgan can give a "five", give kisses (open mouth, just fyi), give a hug (lay her head on your shoulder after you say hug), plays peek-a-boo, holds her hand or anything else up to her ear and says "da-do" like she is talking on the phone, actually sits still long enough to get through one book, loves to play with real keys and my wallet (she will scream at me if she sees it and I put it away before she can chew on it), loves to eat big people food, has a constant runny nose it seems, hates wearing socks, is a people person, has one tooth still (I think the one next to it is coming in), still sucks her thumb and snuggles with her purple blanket when she is sleepy and LOVES to be thrown into the pillows by her daddy!!



What a fun baby we have! It's amazing watching all of these milestones again. So many memories of Mallory doing these things. It's fun to see all the differences too.

6 comments:

Laura said...

shes a cutie!

Tiffany said...

Before you know it, you will find yourself sitting alone in the soccer stands while the kids are off playing with friends! It happens before you know it! I've loved seeing pictures of the girls--the ones Laura had of their M&M costumes were really cute too!

Kelly said...

She is definitely one sweet, happy little girl. I can't believe it's almost time to get her first charm!

Brooke said...

She is a fun baby! I love her blue eyes! Audrey also stands on her toes. Maybe they'll be ballerinas!

Mrs. Mays said...

She is so beautiful and growing up so fast.

B-Mom said...

Beautiful. Just like her big sister.