The end of soccer season is always bittersweet. I'm usually glad it's over so we can have Brad back, but it also means that it's over....so they didn't advance in the conference tournament. This year has been a hard one for Brad. They didn't do as well as he wanted, he's had a couple of trying situations and then had a rough end of season critique from some of his players. Not exactly how you want to end a season you've put long hours and hard work into. So, to say that we all were ready for a break was an understatement for sure!! But, unfortunately, vacations aren't near as relaxing with a 2 year old and 10 month old staying in the same hotel room with you:) We made the most of it though and enjoyed some quality family time!
Day one:
On the way we made a stop at the San Marcos outlets. Everything is harder to do when you have 2 kids! We did score $3 shoes for Mallory and $7 Pottery Barn shower rings!
We checked into the hotel and let the girls expend some energy exploring the room. This is where Morgan spent most of her free time in the room. It looks boring, but she had a blast!! And, check out how cute the hotel bedding was! I wanted to sneak those polka dot pillows into my suitcase!!
Dinner was at Mamacita's. You might remember how much I went on and on about their tortillas last March. They did not disappoint...but I also did not eat as many. Self control!!
Day Two:
It was a full day! We went to the San Antonio Zoo for the morning and lunch. We got to see most of the animals, avoided major meltdowns, and got to ride on the train around the park! It was a successful trip!
After naps, it was off to the Riverwalk! We paid the overpriced admission for the boat ride and then ate at the overpriced Rainforest Cafe. Both were super fun for the girls and us! After dinner, a band was playing some live music (Mere, I thought of you-one of the guys was playing a mandolin!), so we sat for a while and watched the girls "dance" (Mallory held Morgan's hands from the stroller and swayed with her).
Wade, this picture is for you! A Christmas tree fully decorated and ready for the season...on November 6th!!
Day Three:
As we headed to LaShay and Steve's, we made a pit stop at the LaCantera shops. It was so pretty and Mallory loved running around smelling the flowers. I scored some super cute Puma shoes from Nordstrom (50% off!) for Mallory. I will have to post a picture later. She calls them her "cool shoes". That, they are!
After a successful entry into LaShay and Steve's home (we set their alarm off and the police showed up last time!), we took naps and vegged. We ate at Alamo Cafe (mmmm!) that night and played with Briley, their golden doodle. The girls LOVED Briley! She was a favorite for sure!
Day Four:
LaShay worked from home and I got to actually "train" in the morning. Mallory and I took a 4 mile walk around LaShay's neighborhood. Later that night we got to have dinner with some of LaShay and Steve's good friends, Cindy, Jian, Storm and soon-to-be Stone. (Cindy's mom was our realtor, so they are kind of our friends too!!).
Day Five:
Traveled home after a fun filled and "relaxing" week!
We were all glad to be home, but really enjoyed our visit to San Antonio. We were bummed we couldn't fit Sea World in, so be expecting us next spring Aunt LaShay and Uncle Steve!!
8 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a blast!! How fun! I was in S.A. this past weekend, I didn't get to do that kind of fun shopping which was a bummer, but it is always nice to get out of town for a bit! :) Oh, and don't make fun of Christmas in Nov. Mark got down our tree while I was gone and I was forced to decorate yesterday b/c we thought some of his out of town family were coming to visit. So, now I'm ready for Christmas more than a month early. Yikes!! :)
Add me to the list, too. Christmas must start in November! Not because I want to start thinking about gifts or anything, but the tree is just too pretty and too much work for just a month. I'm planning on putting ours up this weekend. Plus, I think our only holiday family will be over Thanksgiving, so we might as well enjoy it then! ;)
sounds like sucha good trip! This year I totally understand that bittersweet feeling when the season ends.
Looks like yall had fun. The picture of yall four is really cute!
What a fun family!
I have a neighbor that started putting out Christmas decorations on OCTOBER 1st!
Soooooo fun! The girls are getting so big. WOW! Can't wait to see ya'll for the holidays...
Yeah what fun!!! Shane and I are headed to SA this weekend actually! We are dropping the kids off at his parents and having a weekend together! :)
First and foremost, I'm glad you all got to get away for some much deserved family time . . .
That being said, I no longer acknowledge the River Walk's existance - at least until the day after Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment