Thursday, March 12, 2009

"Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow-ripening fruit." Aristotle

Lori and I met our freshman year at ACU. I actually met Lori and Brooke at the same time. I don't think they ever separated in their 4 years together!!! I am extremely thankful for meeting them in the spring of 1999. I guess you could say I had a little rebellious fall semester and didn't really surround myself with the greatest of girls. Brooke and Lori were exactly what I needed to get "back on track". Anyway. I am most thankful for meeting them because it was Lori, who Brad initially prank called, in the fall of 1999. That is a different post for a different time.

Lori is one of those girls that makes you feel so relaxed to be around. She is laid back, super fun and genuine. I love her!
Last spring break, I got to meet her in Round Rock to shop and then we had lunch after. Her mom, Ann, came along too. Ann is great also. I love being around Ann, too. Anyway. Last year, Morgan was an itty bitty thing, Lori was pregnant and we were all about to be in the "terrible 2's" with the older girls. I can't believe how much has changed in one year!!!


This year, Lori made the trek from Round Rock to come to my house! We had lunch, let the girls play and then nap time came too fast! Thank you for coming to my house Lori! We loved having you and the girls visit. It was too quick, but I'm still thankful for getting to see you in person!!!

The whole gang: Lori with Sophia, Faith, Morgan, Mallory and me


All the girls! Sophia, Faith, Morgan and Mallory

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Fun times! Sometimes I wish we could all go back to 1999! That definitely was a fun year! When can we all get together again? I'm assuming Abilene makes the most sense, but I'm willing to host too!

Amanda said...

It's great to do things like that with those special friends!

I just read your post about the retreat. Brad is awesome! So glad you had a wonderful time. Isn't it amazing what a weekend away will do?

B-Mom said...

That's a sweet post. Friends are special and those college friends are friends for life. The pics are precious. I'm glad you got to visit!