Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

On June 5, 2006, my identity as a woman changed forever. I became known as "Mallory's mommy".


December 18, 2007 changed my name again. I was now known as "Mallory and Morgan's mommy".


I'm in the middle of reading Sacred Marriage. In one of the recent chapters, Gary Thomas talked about how marriage is like a mirror reflecting your true self (totally paraphrased by me). I'm sure in his other book, Sacred Parenting, he probably says that parenthood is an even bigger mirror!

I won't say that motherhood has always made me look the most beautiful at times, but it is definitely the most rewarding thing I have yet to do. It's overwhelming to think about the responsibility I have in the life of these two precious girls:

The love overflows, the discipline is hard, the hugs are amazing, the spontaneous "I love you Mommy" is enough to make even the hardest day better, and the joy that I feel being their mother is unending.

I had a wonderful Mother's Day (and eve). Brad sent me away Saturday to spend some cash however I saw fit. I didn't come home for 5 hours!! I also got some beautiful begonias planted in the pots by our front door. We went to church yesterday and heard an encouraging sermon on being a wise momma. It was followed by a yummy brunch/lunch at Cracker Barrel. Mmm!
What a blessing to be Mallory and Morgan's mommy! And, what a blessing to be at home with both of them and watch as they learn and grow!

8 comments:

JLB said...

So awesome! You ARE one of the best mommies.

Glad we're walking through this journey together.

And it sounds like you had a great day....

Love!

The Brackeens said...

You girls all look beautiful! I love the rocking chair picture!

Amanda said...

Glad you had a great day! Love the pillowcase dresses. Did you finally make some???

Meredith said...

Beautiful picture of you girls!!!

B-Mom said...

I love the rocking chair pic. Can you snapfish it to me? Love. love, love it! You are such a precious mommy! We are blessed that our grands have such godly moms!

MELANIE said...

What a sweet post!! Your girls are precious and as lucky as you are to have them--they are lucky to have you as their mom! :)

Kelly said...

So cute...love the dresses! You're a great mommy!

Lauren said...

That was such a sweet post! Happy late Mother's Day!

(PS...I'm Melanie Parr Bartnicki's sister!)