Wednesday, May 06, 2009

My birthday weekend!

My birthday was almost two weeks ago, but I want to blog about it, since it was so much fun! I think it's even more fun when your birthday falls on a Friday, that way you have a reason to celebrate all weekend!!

On Friday, Brad came home to watch the girls while my friend Karen took me to lunch. We went to a tea room in Salado. It was wonderful to eat a lunch and not worry about two other mouths to feed at the same time!! I came home from lunch greeted by Mallory and Brad. Mallory was dying and literally yelled, "We bought you a present and a card!!!!" On the table was a card scribbled on by Mallory, Morgan and Brad. Then, I opened this:


I am not a big jewelry person, but, aside from my wedding rings, this is my favorite thing to wear! I helped Brad a little (sending him the links to four different sites), but he ordered it all by himself and picked out which one to get. I love it!! And, if we happen to have another little one someday, then I can just add his/her charm on!!


Friday night, we went out with a group of friends from church. Back at our women's retreat, we were talking about how great the atmosphere was at the restaurant we were eating at. Meredith told us about a fun German restaurant in Walburg that was kind of similar. So, the plans started and we actually followed through!!!


Walburg is a town that isn't known for much except for this cool Biergarten. They have a real restaurant with plates and everything, but we thought it'd be more fun to sit outside and listen to the "Walburg Boys". It was! The food was so so (I didn't venture out with the German food, just a safe cheeseburger), but the company was great!

Here's a group shot:


All of the girls: Karen, Sarah, Meredith, Natalie, Me and Laura

Mallory and her buddy, Bella, dancing the night away!



Morgan has been making this "Elvis" face for a long time. I haven't been able to get it on camera yet, but finally did (even if it's blurry)!



Me and Laura with Morgan. Apparently, we are long lost sisters. At church on Sunday, the nursery worker asked Laura, "Are you and Morgan's mommy sisters??" So funny, since both of us look nothing like our own sisters!

Mallory and Bella waiting on the food...or the music to start!



Saturday, my parents came to Georgetown with us to watch Brad's spring scrimmages. They brought our nephew, Tate, since his mommy and daddy were living it up in San Fran for their Anniversary. It is never a dull moment when Mallory and Tate are together. I'm actually surprised I have so many "still" shots.


This picture is while they were resting. You can see by the sweat on their faces and in their hair that there hadn't been much down time. Tate ended up on the field at one point during the game! Oops. Good thing he's the coach's nephew!!




Every time Tate sees Brad, he usually says "Soccer!" Well, after this weekend, he added a new phrase when he sees Uncle Brad..."Score!!" It was pretty cute. Brad was talking to some other coaches and Tate would run by yelling "Score!" while kicking his soccer ball. Not much longer and Tate will be able to come to Uncle Brad's soccer camps!


Grandpa, providing some entertainment.

Big sister couldn't miss out. Plus, her baby wanted to ride on her shoulders too.


And, the highlight of Mallory's day! Mallory LOVES to "drive" Brad's Jeep into the garage. Since it's only 10ish feet, I put Morgan in to. They both had a blast!


What a fun weekend! I got to celebrate with family and friends. Doesn't get much better than that!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks like a super fun birthday. The necklace is adorable. Tate sure loves seeing you guys. He talked about "Score!" and Mallory & Morgan for days. :)

Thanks again for sharing your big day with ours!

Shannon Morrison said...

brad looks like britney spears in the jeep shot!

Amanda said...

What a fun weekend! You'll have to share the info on the restaurant. Looks like a fun place to go with friends! Happy Birthday (late)!

Morgan is so cute with her thumb in her mouth. Does she only suck her left thumb? Landry only sucks her right thumb. Funny girls.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Glad you had a happy birthday!!!

Laura said...

It was fun to celebrate your birthday with you (sister)!

campers said...

Looks like a fun birthday weekend! I like that ACU soccer ball...I have never seen one of those! CUte! and Brad did great on the necklace!!!

JLB said...

Awesome, awesome! Happy Birthday! I can't believe you're gettin' up there in age!

I can almost say, "welcome to the 30's".

Thanks for sharing your goings on....

MELANIE said...

I love your necklace! I hinted at and got that for Mother's day! :) Looks like a fun birthday weekend!