Monday, July 13, 2009

First day of "school"

Mallory has been talking about going to school for a while now. A lot of the kiddos in our playgroup go to Mother's Day Out or preschool. She asks about it a lot. So, I just started saying, when you are three, you get to go to school. Well, the MDO program I want her in has a wait list for the fall. Hopefully she'll get in. I know she will love it.



I found out through a friend that the same "school" offers a summer drop in program. So, last Thursday, we went to "school"! She was very hesitant to get out of the car, but I did manage to get a little smile from her before we went in.





I met the director and she immediately hugged me and Mallory. After that, Mallory looked at me and said, "Bye mommy. You go and I'll stay here. You'll come pick me up later." Okay! I almost ran out the door before she could change her mind!!



Mallory,


You are so brave! We talked about school being a new place with new friends. I told you that you might feel scared at the beginning, but then you would have fun. You did great! I'm so proud of you trying something new and being so brave on your first day away from mommy!!


I love you so much!

1 comment:

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

So glad Miss Mallory is in Benjamin's class! She sure is a cutie!