So, I am starting a Bible Study tomorrow morning called Apples of Gold. It's basically a study involving older women mentoring younger moms. There will be cooking lessons, eating the food that we learn how to cook and a Bible study on nurturing things (like kindness, loving your husband, hospitality etc.). I've heard that it is a really good study. I'm excited to do it and have included my "apple seed" of the week for you all (see side bar). Mallory's excited to spend 3 hours in the church nursery...again!
We took Mallory to the park by our house this afternoon. It was the first dry day that we have had in over a week I think. The weather was gorgeous! Blue skies, perfect temperature and a slight breeze. She enjoyed the baby swing, and watching all of the other kiddos. Our child is a good "people watcher"....or maybe she just likes to stare! I wish I could post a picture of her in the swing (and the cute Valentine's shirt Aunt Kelly gave her), but it's taking too long to upload one tonight. Maybe tomorrow.
6 comments:
Apples of Gold is awesome! I led a group at our church about 4 years ago. We really had a good time and it was a great way to get our "older" and "younger" women together! I think you will be blessed.
Mallory gets her people watching from her Nanny! I've never seen anyone who could sit and watch people like she does. In the old days before Peepaw passed away, they used to go and sit in front of the Gibson's store, eat an ice cream cone and watch people! That's the small town life for ya!
Our first cooking lesson was on baking bread. I'm going to try it out here in a couple of days I think. We'll see how it goes. Brad will flip out when he comes home to made from scratch yeast rolls!
That's a sweet story about Nanny and Peepaw.
The way to a man's heart...yada, yada, yada. He won't be able to resist the smell of homemade bread.
You'll do great!
Mmmm! Homemade rolls! Can't wait until Thanksgiving!
W
That sounds like an awesome study! I am in the middle of a study on Daniel! Very intense! But I love it!
I just started the second phase of the Daniel study (Beth Moore...right?) It is a really great study, but you right...very intense. My head hurts after I do my homework!
Shannon, Aunt Mary Francis is in the video. She's in Beth's class. Just a little trivia!
Post a Comment