Friday, July 27, 2007

The suspense is killing you, I'm sure

It is 1:00am on Saturday now, and I am just getting the time to let everyone know our news. We went to the doctor this morning and found out Mallory is going to have a little....
SISTER!
She looked perfect on the sonogram and weighs 13 ounces right now. She talked to us (opened and closed her mouth), showed us her girl parts in a very obvious way and was pretty active in there! I haven't really felt her move much, but just looking at her during the sonogram, you wouldn't know it! Everything looks great and I am just 2 days off of my due date, so I'm right on track.
Don't let the smile fool you folks. Brad had the same reaction this time as he did with Mallory. Of course, we are SO thankful to be pregnant again and to participate in the "miracle of life"...but, every guy wants a little guy, so there was a teensy bit of bummer. I had mentioned to Brad about a month ago that I might want to wait until the big day to find out what the baby was. He replied with a firm "no" and said he needed the 4 1/2 months to prepare if it was another girl. So, I guess he will have his time to prepare:)

A sweet little dress for a sweet little baby girl coming our way!


After the appointment, we headed out of town to go to a family function in Frisco. We decided not to tell any of Brad's family until we got there. I bought pink and blue shirts ahead of time yesterday and once we found out, we dressed accordingly (it took a lot to get Brad to wear a pink shirt!!). It was pretty fun to see everyone's reactions.
Here is the family of "pink":

And in other exciting news....our Target opened early! Woo hoo! It opened on Wednesday, but the grand opening is on Sunday. I've already been twice and love it...of course! This is a goofy picture, but it captures my excitement of having Target 5 minutes away now, instead of the 25 minute drive to Killeen.

We are thrilled about the new baby girl coming in December. The name isn't 100% yet. We are pretty close to deciding on it. I guess it's time to work on Mallory's big girl room and get ready for the new one to come home! Yikes! It's real!!





9 comments:

Lori said...

yea!!!! I was checking every once in a while last night. I am so happy for you guys. Mallory is going to love having a sister (not that I know what it is like, ha). Congrats!!! I think Brad is only bummed because he is going to one day have to fight off all those boys from his little girls. lol Anyway, congrats again and I can't wait to hear the name you pick out.

Meredith said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!! I kept checking all night last night, the suspense was definitely killing me. I'm bummed that Hayden is still the only boy around, but I guess that is why you will just have to have a third! Yay!!! Congratulations!! We can't wait to meet Ella's new friend!!!

Brooke said...

I'm so happy for you and Mallory. Brad will come around. I always was jealous of the friendship you had with your sister and now Mallory will have that! So neat! Want to put a wager on who will have their baby first? We're due within days of each other...

The Jungs said...

Congratulations you guys! So great to hear your news!

Unknown said...

YES! Two little girls that close together will be so much fun! We brought our 5 mo. old granddaughter, Macie, home with us for the night, as her mom is sick in bed and we wanted to give Blake a break. He'd had Macie and 3 yr. old Maddie by himself all day. Maddie cried when we left, saying, "I don't want my "seester" to leave! I want Macie to stay here!" She loves her so much! I wish we could have given Brooke a sister. But it would have probably been a third brother, then she'd really have been bad off, lol.
Congratulations! I can't wait to learn her name!

Wade said...

Congrats again, guys!

Hey Brad - pink shirt? Dude!

Jody said...

AWESOME! Mallory will do a great job of teaching her little sister the ropes!

Lori said...

Ok I know I already commented, but since you don't do myspace, i have to post another comment about your comment on mine... ok I totally just spit my drink all over myself, the desk AND MY COMPUTER!!! Let's hope I don't loose my teeth if I have to live in Clyde!!!

Anonymous said...

Shannon, I was over here for the first time today from Wades Blog. And I nearly melted reading that joyous post with the precious photos. Congratulations :-)
Helen