Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Our family keeps getting bigger...

...no, I'm not pregnant again!!! Brad's brother and his wife had their baby boy on Monday! Johnathan Lawrence was born a little before 3pm, weighing 8 lbs 11oz! I am mad that I didn't think to charge my camera battery, so this is the only picture we have of him before the battery died:

Hopefully we will see and hold him again soon! Brad's parents had all four grandchildren in the same room togethe at once. We should have got a picture of that. Oops! Check out Johnathan's white hair! He looks a lot like Julia did, except for that hair. The only blonde grandbaby so far.

Mallory and Julia had a blast playing in the waiting room together. It's crazy how much more they are enjoying playing together even since Christmas. Mallory told Julia all about being a big sister and that it was lots of fun...especially since you get to play with their toys before they do!! Don't they look excited for me to take their picture right in the middle of playtime??



I meant to take a picture of Morgan and Johnathan next to each other (they are 7 weeks apart), but you already know the battery was dead. So, instead, here is a picture of Morgan the other weekend at my parent's house performing her new trick...smiling!



I'll end with a funny Mallory story. We have been praying with Mallory at night before bed for a while now, but just recently Brad has been having her repeat it. It is usually the same, "Dear God, thank you for (insert family members names). Help me sleep good (for my mommy and daddy!). Amen!" Well, the other night as we were cleaning up, she was being goofy and wanted to pray again. So, she bowed her head and said this: "Dear God, thank you for...five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten!" So sweet!

6 comments:

Shauna said...

Oh, baby smiles are the best!

Michelle said...

Shannon
My Daughter also loves to pray. She will grab Caleb's hands and say "I pray with him" Too cute. She wants to pray all the time. She even corrects CJ at dinner if he does not say Dear God. Her words are "Good God"

It reminds me how much we should want to talk to the Lord and don't. Faith like little children.

I am enjoying your blog.
Michelle Douglass Chaney

Kelly said...

So glad he is here safe and sound and everyone is doing well!

That picture of Mallory & Julia is too cute. And, I love the picture of Morgan. She already looks so different than last time I saw her.

campers said...

he is a bankhead...nice and long!!!

Wade said...

Hmmmmm - I wonder what kind of prayers I can teach Mallory when we babysit her next week!

Uncle Wade

Lori said...

Aren't cousins so fun. We just got back from my bros house and the girl just play and play together. It is so fun to watch and so cute. OK QUESTION... did you call me the other day? It's been a while now, but it just hit me. Do you still have a 325 cell number? I think my phone has probs, but I think it was your number but your name didn't come up.