Monday, April 28, 2008

Fancy dinners, 28 and a GED!

It was a fast and furious week! Here's all of it in pictures:


We spent Wednesday and Thursday night at UMHB. I'm not complaining too much, we had sitters BOTH nights! Here we are at the Senior Awards banquet Wednesday night:



Thursday was my birthday. Lots of people ask if I feel older (28 is getting closer to 30). I definitely FEEL 28 with 2 kiddos. Brad took me and the girls to lunch, brought home flowers and then took me to a lovely catered dinner with 300 of my closest friends at UMHB (it was the Faculty Appreciation dinner). Mallory and Morgan gave me this card:



Here's a random picture of the flowers I planted a couple of weeks ago. It started out all green and voila! Maybe there is a green thumb in me after all...or maybe Brad remembers to water my flowers when I forget!! Yes Kelly, I am proud of these flowers:)



Friday, we headed to Fort Worth for the weekend. We went to Joe T. Garcia's for a birthday dinner. It's the perfect place for dinner with kiddos: outside, lots of people and music! This was Mallory's reaction when Kara and her girls showed up at dinner (which is the 2nd out of town birthday in a row that she has been at. Thanks Kara!):



Morgan got LOTS of attention that night. I think everyone held her at least once. Kara got some snuggle time with her too:

Here are the Enright girls: Kelly, my mom and me.

And, the real reason we went to Fort Worth! About a month ago, my mom completed her GED. Kelly did a blog about it here. I am super proud of my mom. I'm sure it was not easy to go back after so many years out. Isn't she cute in her cap and gown??


And, here she is after the big surprise! My Aunt Terri flew in from Idaho to surprise mom at the party we threw for her. It was a classic mom/Aunt Terri reaction...instant tears! Kelly and I forgot to video it. It would have made a great You Tube video:)


There aren't many pictures of me with the girls, so towards the end of the party, I asked my dad to snap a few. It was pretty much meltdown time for both of them, but Aunt Terri came through. She kept offering Mallory bites of ice cream until she looked at the camera without crying:) Wade's sister gave these dresses to the girls. I think they are adorable!!

And, we brought home a fun toy for Morgan. Tate borrowed the exersaucer and now it's Morgan's turn to play. She LOVES it! This girl loves to stand up in your lap, so I figured she would really like to stand in the exersaucer. It was pretty much love at first sight. She does get mad at it when she can't get the toys in her mouth.

The celebrations continued with dinner, Baby Mama and a homemade cookie cake with friends tonight! What fun! It was a super fun birthday week and weekend celebrating my mom.

In true Shannon style, I have procrastinated on a list of things to do (that I will get in serious trouble from the hubby if I don't get done)...so, I'm taking another little break for the week. Until next time!!

9 comments:

Kelly said...

It was lots of fun! Happy Birthday oldie! :)

Laura said...

How was Baby Mama? I want to see it! Glad u had a good weekend!

Brooke said...

Yea for your mom!!! Happy Birthday Shannon!!! Brad is such a sweet husband! Your girls are precious!

Candace said...

I'm not sure this friendship will continue to grow if we don't get mentioned by name next time.

Anonymous said...

Ms. Shannon--Great pictures of everyone. The girls are getting so big, I hardly recognize them. So glad your Mom got her Cap and Gown pic!!!! Miss you all. Wish you were able to come out in June.

Aunt Barb

JLB said...

Soooooooo exciting! Sounds like you had a great weekend. AND of course with my crazy brain....I TOTALLY forgot to call you on your birthday. I hope your card made it to you. Sounds like you had a great one.

LOVE the picture of the girls in their dresses. Sooo cute. Can't
wait to squeeze them this weekend.
Do you need more shoes for Morgan? I have some that Julia has grown out of. Love!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! You look fab at 28!

MELANIE said...

I'm glad you had a fun birthday week! That's cool about your mom too. Cute little girls!

Shauna said...

Great update! The pics are great!

Happy birthday!