Friday, April 18, 2008

Morgan at 4 months

I can't believe it! I know I'll be saying that for the rest of my life about Mallory and Morgan. It just amazes me how fast the time goes (and how slow it goes when you are having a bad day!!). She is such a little sweetie and is becoming very vocal! She's also large:) We went to the doctor this afternoon: 15# 5oz (90th %), 25 1/4 inches (90th %). I probably should have taken these pictures before going to the doctor. She wasn't in the most smiley of moods after FIVE shots and the second round of the oral Rotavirus vaccine. Poor thing! Here's her "Elvis lip" smile:




Here's a little glimpse into a day in the life of Morgan (more for my record than your entertainment, sorry!):

7:45am: Time to wake up! Lots of squeals and a HUGE gummy smile for Mommy when she comes in. Such a morning person. Where did she get that from???

8:00am: Time to eat!

8:30am: Bumbo time on the table (I know, I know...I promise she is supervised) and watches her sister eat breakfast (which is some quality entertainment recently).

9:00am: First nap of the day! She prefers to be swaddled, have her paci, blanket at the side of her face and rocked a little.

9:45-11:00ish (depending on her mood): Wakes up from nap. Time to eat again!

11:30am: Play time! Currently, she is perfecting rolling from tummy to back, grabbing her feet, arching her back so far she almost rolls from back to tummy, watching all the crazy things her big sister does, drools a bucketful and makes lots of noises that sound like a raptor!

12:30pm: Time to get out of the house! She loves the Baby Bjorn, so it's not so much a hassle to go places. She is really entertained by Mallory. Poor girl, her neck probably hurts after being in the car a while. She is always looking to her right at Mallory saying, "Look Morgan, a flag...bird...a car...etc.!"

2:00pm: Third verse, same as the first...time to eat!

2:30pm: Read some books, nap time again.

4:00pm: Play time

5:30pm: Time for the "lonely chair" (bouncy chair) as Brad calls it. Mommy's in the kitchen, so Morgan is there too. Lots of kicking and squealing going on in the chair. Daddy's home too, so that is fun!

6:30pm: A quick little nap.

7:15-8:00ish pm: Bath and play time again.

8:30pm: Time to eat!

9:00pm: Off to bed (hopefully without waking up after 15 minutes for her paci).

3:00ish am: Time to eat!

7:45am: Start the next day!


History in the making! Mallory actually smiled at the camera when I asked her too! Amazing. Hopefully she'll do that when we get family pictures made later in May:)

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Cute! In that last picture, Morgan looks so much like you as a baby! Can't wait to see her soon.

Candace said...

I LOVE Morgan's thighs in the first picture!!

Lori said...

She is so cute. I love that babies get to be chuncky. You know Faith sure was and it makes them so cute and hugable. lol She is a doll, and of course Mallory is too. That is very exciting about the smile. Faith just hit a phase where she either will not look at the camera at all or if you call her name and she actually does look, she gives you this "what are you doing" or "I'm busy, don't bother me" look. It is funny but not good for the picture taking.

Brooke said...

Love the pictures!! I'm jealous of your schedule. We had been on one...Audrey stopped going along with it. We were up every hour with her last night and didn't make it to church today. This was a child was capable of sleeping through the night. It keeps getting worse. Ugh!!

Anonymous said...

Your girls are precious!

B-Mom said...

Love it...almost like being there. The pics are priceless. That last one of them together is adorable. Snapfish it to me so I can print it "suitable for framing." I look forward to the reunion to be able to get pics of all 4 of them together! Wonder if it will happen? It will be awesome to have the whole family together...doesn't happen often! Anyway, we are looking forward to it.

JLB said...

Soooooooo sweet! I love the breakdown of the day. I have a couple of those written down and need to put on my blog. Thanks for sharing. And WOW - she is eating VERY well. I love the rolls. Julia was the same way! Love the pic of them together too. They are so beautiful, those nieces of mine!