Sunday, October 05, 2008

Freedom...sort of

Some of Brad's fam came in town over the weekend for soccer (which was better than last weekend, one win and one tie!). It was super fun to hang out with everyone and for the kids to play together (Julia-5 months older than Mallory, Johnathan-6 weeks younger than Morgan). But, I must say, I was looking forward to this weekend for a more selfish reason....

Mallory and Julia headed back home with Brad's parents (BMom and Pop) until THURSDAY!!!!!


This was our reaction after we loaded the girls up in the car. Jenn teared up a little. Am I a bad mommy that I wasn't even sad??? I didn't think so:)


Here's Morgan's reaction when she found out she'd be the only child for FIVE days!!

You may be asking, what I will do with all this free time? Sleep? Eat bon-bons? No way! I've got a BIG list of projects to do during naptimes and after bedtime. Stay tuned...

9 comments:

B-Mom said...

You are so funny! If I could jump like that, I'd have jumped for joy being able to bring 'em home. We're lovin' it!

Amanda said...

HILARIOUS!!! Seriously, sometimes I question myself, too, because I don't get sad when Bethany stays with my parents. I don't think it means we are bad moms. I think it just means we know that we'll be even better moms if we have a little break. ;)

campers said...

how fun for her and you!

Michelle said...

I felt the same way when Alyssa went with my parents for 4 days. That was a few months ago...I think it may be time for her to go again.

The Brackeens said...

What a nice break...and she'll have a blast, too. Michelle tells me how spoiled Alyssa gets after being with the grandparents for a while, so I'll be waiting to hear about that! ;) I'm sure Morgan will love her first "only child" experience, as well.

Kelly said...

Too funny...have fun!

Shauna said...

so funny! I would be jumping for joy too! You know - I dont think B-Mom lives too far from me...maybe an hour or two??? Maybe 3? I should have her stop by one day and pick up my kids. They could be like substitute grandchildren. Makes perfect sense to me!

Wade said...

You and Jennifer are goobers!

Made me laugh though! Enjoy your 5 days of only half the craziness!

Lori said...

I have not stopped laughing because that pic of Morgan with her mouth wide open is priceless. That is so cute and funny!!! I love it. She must have your personality. ha ha!! I am waiting for my mom to take Faith for a week. I will have to tell her all the grandparents are doing it.