Monday morning was spent packing up the car like a mad woman! We were heading out of town (again!) after our playgroup met at the fire station. We arrived a little late, but met everyone up in the kitchen. This may be routine, but did you know that you can have birthday parties at your local fire station? They said we could use all of their facilities (including the BBQ out back) plus get an up close look at the trucks! Maybe one of the girls will be fascinated with fire trucks one year....
Anyway. Mallory loved the truck. She is always telling me whether it's a fire truck, ambulance, police car, helicopter or airplane making noise, so I knew she would enjoy it. She wasn't interested in trying on the helmet or boots, but she let the fireman pick her up (that is big time!) and put her in the driving seat. She obviously liked that since I got a real smile from her! Then, she got to pull the rope to ring the bell on the front of the truck. Good times in the life of a 2 year old. Right before we left, we got a picture of the (majority of) kids. We literally had 2 seconds before kids started screaming and catapulting themselves off the front of the truck!!
Mallory is pretty fascinated by older kids...or babies...or anyone for that matter. She can stare down the best of them. Here she is with one of her faves, Sydni. When Mallory plays outside in her cozy coupe, she always says she is going to Sydni's house to play with glue. Hmmm.
Okay, I'm smokin' now (thanks Kelly). Up next, our week in Roanoke with Aunt Kelly and cousin Tate. I told you we got to see almost every immediate family member...I didn't lie!!!
By the way, I just want everyone to know how nice of a wife I am. Since we were out of town Monday-Friday, that meant Brad had the WHOLE house to himself without any whining kids or a whining wife!! He owes me a week like that, don't you think???
7 comments:
So when did you take up smoking?
The fire station trip looks like a lot of fun!
And yes, I'll agree that Brad owes you big. :)
I think you will need some company on your week w/o any kids or hubby. Oscar and Brad can hang out with the girls :)!!!!
I'm not sure how Mallory knows...but Sydni LOVES glue.:) I love how she's looking at her in the picture. It reminds me of how Sydni looks at some older girls she knows. Too cute!!
wow...3 parts so far!! you're on a roll. Love the pictures, esp. the one of Mallory and Sydni. Too cute. I'm still one of those girls that looks up to the older girls. Brad----you owe her big! I'm thinking a girls weekend away with unlimited spending $$$$.
Actually, I think you & Brad need time alone TOGETHER without the kids. So....send 'em to me or I'll meet you! Would love it!
I agree...you need a week for YOU!!! Mom of the year!!!
Ok so I'm tired just reading about your adventures! Whew! And leaving today for more!!!
The fire station looked awesome...I'll have to tuck the B-day idea away for Gunnar!
Have fun on your next adventure!
Post a Comment