Saturday, May 23, 2009

Gulf Shores vacation

We just got back from a week long trip to Gulf Shores, Alabama. This may be redundant if you are on Facebook, sorry! Wow is all I can say. I went to GS the summer before I started ACU and I don't remember it being this pretty. Brad and I both agreed that the beach was better than Mexico! The water isn't as blue and clear, but the sand is amazing.

We lef the metroplex at 7am. We rented a Suburban and my parents drove their Maxima. One carseat went in their car and the other two in the Suburban. It worked out great to rotate a kid every stop. The drive went so much better than what we expected! It was a LONG 16 hours. I am even more thankful for portable DVD players, fruit snacks and cousins to entertain each other! I think there was more complaining and whining from the adults!

We pulled into Gulf Shores around midnight. The kids got their second wind while the adults unloaded the cars. Everyone was in bed by 1ish...and up by 6...at least our kids. Mom and dad were the only ones that slept in during this vacation. The trend remained for the girls to wake up at 6. Lovely!

Our condo was great too. Many props go out to my sister who researched for hours finding us the perfect place. Pictures don't really do it justice, this place was nice! It was very reasonable too, when you split it with multiple families. Let me give you a little tour.

The elevator opened to our foyer. OPENED to our foyer! Every time it opened I wanted to say, "Welcome to my crib".


Take a left from the foyer and you head down to the kitchen and living room. Kelly and Wade's room is on the left.


The living room had panoramic views of the ocean. There was also a semi-wrap around balcony.

The couch fit all 6 adults very comfortably while watching multiple episodes of The Office. The kitchen was fancy too. We cooked three dinners at home and ate out once.

The view to our right.

And, to our left.

Back at the foyer, take a right and you head to the other 3 bedrooms.

This was our room. It was as big (if not bigger) than our living room and kitchen combined! Each room had it's own bathroom and flat screen tv...and their own balcony too!

This was Mallory's room. She had an entire king size bed to herself.

If you are ever going to Gulf Shores with your family, email me and I'll send you all the info. You will not be disappointed....or we just don't get out much:)
I would do a play by play of every day, but it was pretty much the same. On the beach by 9ish, swimming in the pool/hot tub, up in the condo for lunch and naps, dinner, walks on the beach, baths, dessert for the adults (I won't tell you how many tubs of ice cream Wade, I mean we, consumed) and multiple episodes of The Office. So, here is our week in pictures!
Tate, Wade, Brad and the girls swimming in the indoor pool. Morgan preferred this much more than the ocean!
This is what Morgan wanted to do on the beach...the whole time!

Floaties and a toddler belly are the next big thing in modeling...right??

Mallory and Tate jumping around in the "little ocean". They had a blast playing together.

Hey, look! Morgan is smiling! Oh yeah, it's because she's on the towel and not on the sand!

One of my favorite of Mallory. It was her first time in a "bubble bath" in a hot tub. We think there might have been a little too much cleaner left in when the jets turned on!

Lots of snuggle time with Mimi and Grandpa.

The first day...before Morgan decided she hated all things to do with the beach!

On their way to the beach for the first time!

This was after our photo shoot on the beach. My mom wanted to get family pictures made. It was a little windy, but hopefully they turned out good. At least Dad got a good shot!

Heading out the first day! Everyone is excited!


Kelly and I tried to stay an extra day, but the plan fell through when Mallory was up the last night semi-puking. So, we packed up Wednesday morning and hit the road by 8. We pulled into Kelly's driveway around 9:30. The drive back was even better than the one there. It was a great vacation and we are trying to figure out how to go there every year!!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like a blast and its so beautiful. I need to talk Oscar into going there :)

Lindsey said...

Wow, I can see why you tried to stay a extra day. It looks so pretty and a fabulous place for a vcation.

JLB said...

This looks like so much fun! I am already planning a trip there in my head.

The condo is so nice. And it was so beautiful too.

Bankheads, here we come! Thanks for sharing!

B-Mom said...

Dad & Brad already talked about s trying to go next May...check your calendars!

Meredith said...

I wish you still lived here too, because I need a sewing budding today. I've been embellishing some of Ella's old onesies and about to start on some bibs made from oil cloth that I bought a while back in Canton. I'm having fun, but need some more ideas! I'm just reusing Ella's baby bedding and Macy will be right off our room in the office. Her crib fits in there perfectly and I've removed all the books and put in baskets to hold all her belongings. It's coming together!! It's crazy to think I'll be full term next month, but I keep telling myself that Macy may be our stubborn kid and we'll have to evict her at 41 weeks. LOL. Hope you're doing well!! Thanks for your sweet compliments!