Friday, June 24, 2011

2 months of Max!

We have loved seeing Max change in the last month. He's no longer the "baby blob" and his personality has started to come out! We have real smiles, real cries and a really sweet baby boy!
Max had a BIG growth spurt about two weeks ago! He seemed to go from newborn to chubby baby in a matter of days. The rolls and cheeks are growing everyday...and I love it! Morgan had legs that looked like an opened can of biscuits...loved them! I can't wait for Max to have that cuteness, too. At the doctor on Monday, he weighed 14 pounds, 8 ounces!! Hilarious. The girls weren't even close to that at this age!
He got his first round of vaccines. Max totally spit up the Rotavirus vaccine (the nurse caught it with her hand!) and then cried pretty hard with the shots. He's the first to get fussy after shots. Guess that is a boy for you:)
Probably the thing that most people comment on is Max's hair. It really looks like we buzz it! He's been a fuzz head since birth. I thought for sure it'd fall out like the girls' hair, but it's holding strong...a little thinner in front, but still there!!
The smiles are coming more and more each day. They were pretty tough to get out of him at first, but now he'll give you one without much effort. They started out a little like Elvis, a lip curl on one side. Hilarious. My mom found a trick that makes Max smile every time...clapping his hands. The girls love to do that to him...a lot.
He's pretty serious, too. This isn't surprising. It seems he has a lot of his biggest sister in him (personality included!). He enjoys looking around and taking everything in. So far the one thing he does not like is when the car stops. My dad took all three kids to Sonic while Mom and I got our nails done. He came back and said Max had earned his new nickname (Brad had just started calling him "Mad Max")!! Apparently it was quite a sight. Grandpa had to back the car up, get Max out of his carseat and try to soothe him while paying for the girls' slushies. The carhop said, "Wow, you've got your hands full!"
We were at my parents for 11 days while Brad was working out of town. I had very low expectations of a routine during this trip (i.e. not having a routine!), but Max picked up some good habits that I hoped would stick around! He started sleeping 5-6 hour stretches at night. I was only having to get up once to feed him. So far, since we've been home, it hasn't been quite as long. I'm ready for the big 12 hours, but will take the 5-6 whenever it comes for now. He's also pretty good at taking two long naps, with some catnaps thrown in between. He loves to be swaddled and gets "sleepy eyes" almost instantly!
Max is one lucky boy. He has two sisters that absolutely adore him. Morgan is hit or miss somedays. But, Mallory, oh boy! She would hold him all day long if I'd let her. She is in his face giving him kisses and hugs anytime he's awake. He gives her big smiles and "talks" to her a lot. They both ask about him as soon as they walk through the door. Mallory especially loved riding next to him in the car (she and Morgan are usually in the "back back") on the way to Ft. Worth. I loved it as well. Now that she's in a booster, she can reach over and put his paci back in:)
We love our baby Max! There isn't a day that goes by we don't thank God for three healthy kiddos! Our life is full (sometimes of chaos!) and fun.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Little Max is so precious and I have to agree looks a lot like his big sis Mallory! Sounds like you're doing great as a mama of 3!

Mendy said...

Coming over from another blog.....Max you are a cutie! My "baby" Jax is 7 months old now and even though he is my second, watching him grow and change is still such a HUGE suprise. And blesing. beautiful family!

Krich said...

Still can't believe we have boys!!!! I am loving it!!! Can't wait to see that little guy....we are gonna have lots of fun!!!