Well, we all survived Mallory's first day of Kindergarten. There were no real tears shed by any of us, and she wants to go back tomorrow. I'd say that's a successful first day!
Everyone was up and at it by 6:30 this morning. Mallory picked out her outfit, a teal ruffle dress. She also picked out my outfit. I was wearing this shirt the other day and she asked if I'd wear it on her first day of school. Great. She already is embarrassed by her mother, at the ripe age of five....or, she just has a thing for ruffles.
The five of us made it out the door (and completely ready) with some time to snap a few pictures. Our neighbor, Claire, started 1st grade this morning. She gave Mallory some pointers for posing.

Brad and I took two cars this morning, since I was staying for the "boo hoo breakfast". He was a little behind me and wasn't sure where to park the car. So, naturally, he called me on his cell phone. In the school zone. Right by an over-eager motorcycle cop. And promptly got pulled over and ticketed on the first day of school. With Mallory in the backseat! It changed the mood of the morning. Very quickly. But, we had to remind ourselves this was Mallory's big day and to put on a (fake) happy face.

I was so proud of Mallory. She walked right in, hung up her backpack, found her spot at the table and grabbed a cup of playdough. I gave her a kiss and asked to take a picture. She said "no" and then I knew it was time to leave, but I snapped a picture anyway:)

We walked in the gym to pick her up and she gave me the biggest hug. The tears almost came then. She had the best first day! Her favorite part was P.E. She made a little friend and re-connected with one from her preschool two years ago. My fears of her eating lunch by herself and playing on the playground by herself were relieved.

I'm so grateful that she loved her first day of real school. When I told her it was time to go home, she said, "I want to stay forever!"
6 comments:
I loved your last post about Morgan and all her cute pictures. The post about Mallory did warrant me reading it out loud to Nate--the part about Brad getting pulled over. Ugh. How aweful! Can't believe he actually got a ticket...since it was the first day and all. I love your blog and miss you!
Oh Shannon! Mallory looks like such a young lady!! Love her haircut. That picture of Mallory and Morgan is ADORABLE :) :)
Bummer about the ticket :(
Glad she had a great first day!!!
Yay! So happy for Mallory that it was a great day. Her haircut does make her look so grown up. Can't wait to hear all about her Kindergarten adventures this year!
She looks precious! (and so do you since she assisted! Ha!) SO glad things went well and she has a couple of little familiar faces. It does so much to relieve the stress just knowing they have that, doesn't it? Hang in there, mama!
aww, shannon, she's just adorable! glad she had a great first day of school!
She is just presh! This made me cry! Can you believe our babies are already in KINDER??
I too started my blog back yesterday thinking it was a good day to start on her first day of kindergarten. So check it out tomorrow-ish. I still haven't posted it. It was sad to see the last one I posted was MAY of TWO THOUSAND AND TEN!
Love you lots, Mallory! Aunt Jenn is so very proud of you. Love you!
Post a Comment