Friday, August 26, 2011

Maxers is 4 months old!




Another month has flown by. Max is getting cuter and chunkier by the day! His current stats:
17 lbs 14 oz
25 1/2 inches
Rolls, rolls and more rolls!
Brown hair that still stands up straight
Blueish, greenish, brownish eyes
No teeth yet
Max means business. There is a time for play and a time for seriousness. Most times, it's seriousness. But, when he is playing, he's too cute. He is a very sweet, chilled out baby. We've almost got him laughing a couple of times.
He always smiles when: Brad talks to him, he sees the girls, we lay him down to go to sleep (you can see it behind his paci, so cute) and we sing to him.
He is always mad when: we change his clothes, stop in the car, burp him during a feeding or wait too long for a nap.

This picture cracks me up. This is SO our everyday right now. The girls cannot get enough of Max. I'm sure sometimes, he has had enough of them (like this moment)! Mallory is all about the kisses...every inch of exposed skin. Morgan likes to move him. As in, grabbing him by the ankles and dragging him around the floor. Yikes.
We have found our hands! Max has some part of his hand, or the whole fist, in his mouth the majority of the day. This started more when we "ferberized" him. So far, he doesn't have a preference. We'll see if he turns into a thumb sucker like his sister.
The kid loves TV. He immediately turns to it when it's on. He'll sit in his bouncy chair for an entire Praise Baby DVD. I'm not sure that is a good trait. But, unfortunately, the TV is on in the morning and afternoon at our house. It is good for his head problem (flat spot behind the right ear). I usually put him down so he will turn his head to the left...whatever it takes to (hopefully) keep the cranial band away!
Max loves his tummy time! I don't remember either girl hating it or loving it. But, Max will stay on his tummy for a long time, just watching all of us running around. Again, this is great for his flat spot. The girls now know to put toys on his left side and to sit on his left side to talk to him. I have to time it right or else we end up with a pile of spit up.
We hit a big milestone in the sleep department a couple of weeks ago. He had been doing great during June and July, going about 6 hours at night. And then, all of a sudden, started waking every 1-3 hours for his paci or to eat. The timing was perfect while the girls went to my parent's house, so we "ferberized" him. That kid has some lungs on him! Brad and I both had flashbacks of Mallory as an infant:) But, it only took three nights of crying it out and now he's sleeping 10ish hours straight. I feed him around 8 and then he's up for the day, between 6 and 7.
Each month just gets better and better with our little buddy! We're so thankful for a go-with-the-flow baby. With kindergarten and soccer season starting at the same time, he kind of has to be:)

4 comments:

Laura said...

Happy 4 months Max! Love the picture of the 3 of them in the Cru shirts!

Kelly said...

Cute! OK, I'm starting to see some Brad in Max. It was always Mallory or you as a baby, but I see some Brad. :) Way to go, Max, with the sleeping!!!

Steph said...

happy 4 months, max!!

Anonymous said...

Cute cute cute! I also love the Cru soccer shirts!