Sunday, August 27, 2006

Do we live in a bachelor pad, or am I just lazy?



Tortillas, an old bag of ice, breastmilk and the container for our ice cream maker. That is sad. I really need to go to the grocery store!

My problem is that I only buy things that we need at the moment. There is no "stocking up" or "just in case we don't already have it" happening when Shannon goes to Super WalMart. I guess that might be a good thing, until dinner time comes around.

My other problem is that I really don't like going to the grocery store. It stresses me out to be creative and come up with a week's worth of dinners. The solution? Put Brad in charge of grocery shopping! Totino's pizza for everyone tonight! No, maybe I just need to pray for excitement in the preparation of dinner area. If only I could be more like Elizabeth George...

5 comments:

Wade said...

What your freezer needs is a half gallon of Blue Bell ice cream!

It makes you want to eat a healthy dinner so that you can justify a big bowl of homemade vanilla topped with Magic Shell!

Anonymous said...

Shannon,

No offense, but I don't think "you already have it", by looking at your freezer. I don't do very often anymore, but I do remember that planning for dinners in advance and grocery shopping for them really helped!

Love You,

MoM

Shannon said...

Blue Bell sounds good right now Wade. Good call. I'll write it on my shopping list:)

I used to plan out my meals mom. I really need to get back in the habit. Easier on the budget and life with Mallory! See you Monday!

Shannon

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Elizabeth George link. So, if you start doing a meal list, please share your recipes. I need all the help I can get.

Thanks!
Kara

Anonymous said...

bmom
Shannon shared it with me a long time ago and we love it!! Thanks!!

Kara