If you would have told me 10 years ago, that Kelly and I would be best buddies right now, I probably would have done everything in my power for that not to happen. We didn't really get along so well. Of course, being family, we loved each other. But, we were very different growing up and I was a mean little sister. That is the official job title I think we are given. I'm surprised Kelly still talks to me! I won't hash up the details, but I wasn't very nice. Surprising, huh?? :)
The thing that really brought us closer was going to ACU. Kelly and Wade were both there during my first semester. She would have me over to her "off campus" apartment for dinner, introduce me to her friends (who were so much older and cooler!), talk to me on campus and take me to the mall. It was a really important time for us since she was about to get married the following April. I'm very thankful that I copied Kelly and went to ACU.
Which brings me to the real topic of this blog. Copying Kelly. It's kind of funny to me that our tastes are so similar now. I mean, we really didn't get along well people. She gave me a bloody nose when I was 5 years old! Anyway. Just had to throw that one in. Yesterday she called and before we got off the phone she said she had ordered a Christmas present for me and Mallory. I love to find out surprises, so I asked if I could guess. I had just ordered this corduroy bag with Mallory's monogram to use as a diaper bag. So, that is what I guessed (it's from a catalog that we both get and we both like all the stuff in it). She responded and interrupted my guess by yelling "Shut up!!" (which we are not allowed to say...I'm telling mom). She had just ordered the same exact bag (color and all) the night before. I ordered mine the night before she did. So funny. I wonder if she knows anyone else with the initials MKB???
9 comments:
I can't believe you were ever mean! But, sisters are very special and you get even closer when you get old like me!
Sharon
Speaking of sisterly communication - I did tell her that you called this weekend!!!
OK, my pregnancy hormones are raging, so of course I'm crying. :) I was actually just telling someone at church on Sunday about how that semester @ ACU was suprisingly good for us...even while sharing a car! Maybe it really is ESP. :)
Still such a crazy story about the bag. We must both have good taste!
Glad we've gotten past the bloody nose (how many times do I have to say sorry???) and other dramatic sister fights. Love you!
And I always thought you were both ANGELS!!!!
Too many family secrets coming out here. It's great that you are all so close now.
Aunt B
There's no one happier to see how close you girls are then I am. It doesn't seem that long ago that I was sending you both to your rooms constantly, because you could not get along. Now I look forward to seeing you together, even though you can get awfully goofy...and now seem to team up on Mom instead of each other!
Sister relationships are very special, and I agree B-mom, the older you get, the more precious your sister becomes. Not to say that brothers aren't important also, I love my bro's, but it's different with sisters.
Oh by the way, Kelly, go your room!
I was always a little jealous of my roomies in college that had close sisters! I wish I had a blood-sister! My inlaws are wonderful, but just not the same.
Thank you for my card! It was my birthday on the 14th and Lori's is on the 29th.
I meant...Kelly go TO your room!
The other thing that is neat is that when we get our children raised we move into a closer friendship than we could have before. So often today mom's try to be their children's best friend NOW when they really need a parent (and that is what God intends us to be) BUT then, what a blessing it is to be best friends with your children when they are adults!
Ain't that right, "Mom"?
Glad you got your card Brooke. Sorry I couldn't remember who's birthday was on which day. Lori got her's real early!!
Post a Comment