Monday, March 05, 2007

He deserves a HUGE gold star!

So much to blog about. First, I have to start with Mallory. Today is her 9th month of life birthday. We went to see the doctor today and got a great check-up. He said she is perfect and a blessing. We have a very sweet and Godly doctor. Mallory has recently gotten some dramatic tendencies when she doesn't like what you are doing to her or with her. (Oh boy for the terrible twos!) He was checking her ears and she was SCREAMING so loud. As soon as he stepped away from her, she stopped and did this little sigh. So dramatic. I wonder where she gets it from? Anyway. Here are her stats at the old age of 9 months: Weight: 18 pounds, 13 ounces (70th %) Height: 28 inches (she is finally getting "normal" and is in the 50th %) and her head is 17 1/2 inches. I would post a picture, but I don't have a good recent one. It'll be coming soon....

Next, I went away last weekend to our church's women's retreat. It was a very good and refreshing time away. I really got to bond with girls my age and the speaker was amazing. I have to admit though, I didn't really miss Mallory...until Sunday. Am I a bad mommy? I guess since Brad did such a good job the weekend before that, I felt completely confident. Plus, my parents came in to help, so that eased my mind.

Which brings me to my last topic, and the best one. I have a fantastic husband. When we moved into our house here in Temple, we painted practically every surface we could. Poor Brad. He was really burned out with painting. Anyway. I still had ideas for painting the kitchen and bathroom cabinets, but thought we would wait until this summer. Well, Mr. Sneaky spent the whole weekend painting our kitchen cabinets for me! My parents had "Mallory duty" and he painted all day and night long. I walked into the house (earlier than he had thought I'd be home) and saw a fan on. My first thought was "Oh no, a pipe busted and the carpet is wet!". I walked around the bar and saw the following sight:

He's amazing and worked so hard all weekend long. It was the best surprise and I'm so glad that I don't have to paint them now:)

6 comments:

campers said...

Wow!!!! Way to go Brad!! What a fun surprise to come home to!!

B-Mom said...

They look beautiful. Sure changes the look of the kitchen, huh? He can be pretty good when he wants to be! He was nice to have around even as a teenager! You could always depend on him to get his chores done plus more...huh, Jason & LaShay? Ha!

Wade said...

Hey! Brad used my stud finder - don't I get a gold star, too?!?!

But I have to ask - why do you need a stud finder to paint cabinets?

Good job, Brad - can't wait to see it myself!

Kelly said...

Very impressive Brad...major brownie points!

Shannon said...

Sorry Wade, no gold star yet. We're going to use the stud finder in Mallory's room for a shelf we want to hang up. I'll let you know when you get your gold star!!

Speaking of seeing it for yourself, I was thinking today, that you guys should all come down and visit sometime!

Brooke said...

That kitchen looks spectacular! Way to go Brad!