This isn't necessarily a bad trait to have, but sometimes it drives me nuts. I am somewhat envious of people that can pick out their favorite colors, foods, flowers etc. The profile on my blog was left blank intentionally:)
But, I have recently found something that I can honestly say I enjoy doing...sewing! I won't say that whenever I sit down to do a project I get giddy with excitement. I usually procrastinate and wait until the last minute. But, once I start (and complete something) I really like it!
Here is my newest addiction: burp rags. I made my first set back when my sister in law was pregnant with our niece Julia. Now, and when I have the time, it is my favorite thing to give to mommies of new babies. Each time I make them, they are a little more "professional" and creative. This is the newest set that I made last week for a baby girl arriving in August:
So there. I have now decided that sewing is something I enjoy doing. I can breathe a sigh of relief. I have found a "favorite".
5 comments:
Those turned out cute! We still love ours. Feel free to test some out on us when you're trying new fabric. :)
ooo...those are really cute! Good job!!
I agree...really cute. Hey did you decide if you want that sewing cabinet/desk out of my guest room? If so, I'll bring it to you this weekend.
B-Mom
I really want to take up sewing. There is a class at church that is starting up, but I'll be working when that class occurs. So I'll have to wait for another time. I'm proud of you! Your work looks good!
Way-2-Go Shannon! Your burp cloths are precious! I really enjoy sewing when I get the chance, but got burned out after making Hayden's baby bedding or it could have been my bedroom curtains. Both not as fun as burp cloths! It is great to have a hobby and I always enjoy my "me" time when I sew. I think you are suppose to find out what you are having today! I'll be checking on the computer all day!! Can't wait to hear!
Post a Comment