On Saturday, we went to Georgetown for Brad's spring game. We made it by the start of the second half (not bad, but I had planned on being there at the very beginning...oops!). Aunt LaShay, Uncle Steve and the girl's Temple Grandparents (a.k.a. Ted and Sherry) were there also. The weekend before, Brad had his alumni game. I must have not had much sleep the night before because I completely forgot sunblock and both girls got sunburned (I'm a bad mommy and RN!!). So, we came prepared this time. They both reeked of Waterbabies and sported some cute hats this time.
I was solo when we got home, and they both needed a bath. So, they got one together, for the first time! And, surprisingly, they both smiled for the camera! Hey, maybe we're getting the hang of this smiling thing?? Mallory REALLY enjoyed "helping" me give Morgan a bath! "Chaos" doesn't even really describe what it was like before, during and after the bath by myself!!
This is what Morgan does pretty much as soon as we lay her on her back. She will fuss so bad, and once we flip her on her tummy, she is usually happy again. It looks painful the way she curves her body around into a "C". If only she would learn how to flip those hips and legs over, she'd be a happy camper!
Mallory's newest thing is to wash her hair. Randomly, the other day she decided to "wash" Morgan's hair. She does this to her several times a day. I think it may be stimulating hair growth (she's getting a nice fuzz on top of her head), so I let her go to town...until she starts being rough close to her soft spot, that kind of freaks me out!!
Now, the ramble...
#1 I got a speeding ticket last September (yes, it took me 3 whole months to finally get my defensive driving done, days before I had Morgan). I got the ticket coming off an exit ramp, onto a feeder road that is 30 mph. Who makes a feeder road 30 mph??? Well, I noticed that the sign has changed. They raised the speed limit to 45 mph. Isn't that convenient???
#3 I waited so long to go grocery shopping that we almost had to cut into the tube of Crest to get enough out to brush our teeth.
#4 I think I have become a border line slob. Sometime between December and now, I have let myself go. I used to be very tidy and clean things up immediately. Currently, I have a nasty bathroom, my sewing machine stuff around the kitchen table, a griddle with congealed bacon grease on it in the kitchen from dinner last night and stacks everywhere! What happened to me?? And, will I ever be back to normal???
#5 I played Bunco last night with the girls from our Sunday School class. That game is great. You can eat, play and talk all at the same time! That is my kind of game!
11 comments:
1. I am on the same page about grocery shopping. The sad thing--I'd rather continue eating out every meal than go to WalMart. I hate that place.
2. I think you're entitled to "let yourself go" for a while with 2 kids aged 2 and under! And hey, if the bacon grease has been there less than 2 days, you're still good. That is until you start getting bugs!
1. That stinks!
2. I have a really good book for you read. John Grisham's only non-fiction and it's about a crime in Ada, OK.
3. It's when you run out of tp that you're in trouble. And especially if you don't take a newspaper!
4. Yeah, right. But, so what. The dirt will still be there even after you're through rocking your babies...and besides Brad can do it!
5. Bunco is awesome. OUr ladies play it once a month. Our SS department loves to play it, too...even our men. They complained the first time until afterwards and then asked to play it again!
Enjoyed the blog as usual!
Soooooooo true! Ask Jason about our clean laundry!! That's right...we have none! And you know how I am about my house and laundry.
Oh well, I consider dust one of my friends when it gets lonely around here during nap time! LOVE the hair washing video, so cute! And LaShay, if you read this...shreeshree (that's me whistling) - you look GREAT and skinny minny - way to go!
I love it! I hear ya on the bathtime thing. I really, really, really dread it, but Ella and Hayden really seem to like it. As for the ticket and change of speed limit, all I can say is UGH!!! That would make me so mad I don't know what I would do. Hmmmmm. Shannon, I cannot imagine you anything other than tidy, so I'm sure if you have "let things go" a bit, you may be borderline normal now. Ha, ha, ha!! Just kidding! I've just now gotten back into a cleaning groove now that Hayden is one. So, don't worry about it, your old self will return.....someday. :) Miss you!
I love those pictures! I think Audrey and Morgan are true opposites. They will have to meet soon! Thanks again for the emails. I'll write back ASAP. :)
That video is funny...can't wait to see everyone this weekend!
I'm very proud of you for giving The Kite Runner a try. Now...Ten Thousand Splendid Suns.
And Meredith's comment is right...you "letting yourself go" is coming down to the normal people's way. :) Ha-ha!
I love Bunco because you can talk and play at the same time!
Ok so I need an email about your stroller!!! Did you get it yet? If so email me and tell me all about it and how you like it. We are going to order something soon.
The pose Morgan is making like a "c". Yea when Faith had reflux really bad that is how she would sleep. Isn't that sad. She would arch and arch trying to get relief and at times it looked like the back of her head was touching her back, so that pic brings back pittiful memories. Hopefully Sophia will not have that problem.
On more thing... I LOVE BUNCO. We had a group of teachers in Fort Worth that played every month and now i just joined a group from church here that does the same. It is so fun!!!
Ok sorry one more thing... i am going to Austin memorial weekend and will be there a few days after. I know that is a popular travel time, but if you are around i would love to see you again!! Let me know in the email about the stroller.
Great update! And I always get free samples of toothpaste online...random I know... for the grocery procrastination times:)
Um, happy freakin' birthday! I can't believe I forgot to call you....anyhoo, hope you had a great day. Love you!
You are so funny. We have one of those squish the toothpaste apparatus' that helps get the last drop out of the tube. Some great pics of the kids, as well. You've finally got some pics of Morgan that she won't have to roll her eyes at when she's older...ah, mom! (Thanks for the update on Hobby Lobby, as well. It's about time!!!)
It was SOOO fun getting to see you, Brad, and the girls at the soccer game!!! We look forward to seeing you at the reunion! Love ya'll!!!
Post a Comment