This girl is making us laugh more and more everyday. It seriously blows my mind that she is going to be 2 in less than 2 weeks! Here are some funny moments from the last week or so.
She loves to read books in the car. Her favorites are Big Sister, the ABCD book and of course, anything with Elmo. The other day, we were going somewhere, and she was reading Big Sister to Morgan. The first line is "Someone new is at our house. Do you know who it is?" So, she starts reading and says, "Morgan. Someone new is at our house, do you know who it is?" So cute. Morgan just giggles at Mallory in the car. Literally the sweetest thing to watch them interact!
I call this picture "Workout girl". She found one of her old bowbands and did this on her own. She looks like she's in the middle of a really intense workout!
Elmo. I've blogged about him before, but seriously, what is it with the little red guy? Morgan even likes him already! My sister got Mallory these Elmo slippers. She found them the other morning and HAD to have them on. Then, she wanted to pose with her stuffed Elmo.
While I was blogging (i.e. not paying attention!) one morning, Mallory went and got her baby, put my bag on her shoulder and said, "Bye Mommy. Going to the grocery store!" I asked her what she was going to buy and she said, "apples." I told her she might want to put some clothes on first.
********************************************************
And, another update on our sleeping beauty. I was so proud of myself after Morgan slept from 9:00-7:15 that 3rd night...but, I realized that we were still swaddling her. I thought we might regress if we started not swaddling her later, so I didn't swaddle her last night. She was a champ! There was a small amount of fussing/crying for about 10 minutes. She was able to settle herself down and slept until 7:30! This time around has been sooooo different than when Mallory cried it out!
********************************************************
Happy Memorial Day! Our holiday weekend included replacing a garbage disposal, painting our bedroom furniture, playing in a bounce house, Brad getting to play golf today and giving Mallory (and Morgan!) her first taste of a popsicle. She loved it! I would have never given Mallory a lick of a popsicle when she was 5 months old, but I felt sorry for Morgan while she sat in the high chair eyeing me and my popsicle. So, I let her have a lick. I think she liked it! Morgan is really ready for solids. I've never seen a baby watch people eat food as much as she does. It's like she knows what she is missing out on.



4 comments:
Woo-hoo Morgan...way to go! Can't wait to see everyone this weekend!
The headband picture reminds me of the 80's! I'm glad Morgan did well. It gives me hope when I have to do it!
She looks so big! That picture of her with the headband is priceless!!!!
I am jealous of your nights of sleep!
My neice got some Elmo slippers from my parents for Christmas and she's loves them, too. He's just so cute! I don't think I understand "swaddling". That's not a medical term. Is that mommy talk? Guess I'm just not there yet...
Post a Comment