Morgan LOVES to stand up. If you are sitting on the floor with her, she is reaching over to your leg to pull herself up. She can get to her knees and would prefer for you to help her to her feet all the time. Occasionally she'll even bounce to music. She still gets on all fours and just rocks. She'll end up on her belly (or head if she's real brave) while she reaches for a toy. Lately she's been kind of scooting backwards and into a sitting position. There are days I look forward to her being mobile and then I realize how much life changes!! This is one of her absolute favorite places to hang out...the back door watching Connor. We get tons of giggles and squeals from her here!
Here's Mallory at 9 1/2 months to compare:
Other fun facts about Morgan:
*She is a belly sleeper. Every night we put her down on her back, and when we check on her she is sprawled out like a frog on her belly. It reminds us of the first time we saw her. We think it's especially weird that her and Mallory sleep in some of the same positions. It's like sister ESP or something.
*She is doing babbling/screaming/screeching/throaty, catch my breath noises/raspberry noises all the time now. She was doing the same sound for a while, but in the last few weeks, she's added m's, d's and all sorts of other sounds. She officially has "said" mama, dada and ba-ba for bye bye.
*Along with her new "words", came new movements! She waved bye bye at lunch a couple of weeks ago. She has learned how to clap, but it's not the normal way to clap. One hand is in a fist and the other claps on top of it. One move I can do without is her turning over on the stinking changing table! It drives this momma CRAZY!
*Her stats from the doctor today (which is a new doctor, and we really like her!) : 20 pounds, 9 ounces-75th percentile (Mallory didn't hit the 20 pound mark until one year!), 27 3/4 inches long-75th percentile and her head is in the 75th percentile.
She is a happy, happy baby. I love her gummy smile, the way she just lights up when she sees anyone, how easy going she is, the way she loves her sister, how sensitive she is when she gets hurt (cries like there is no tomorrow, and then silence when you pick her up). She is a blessing for sure and we're thankful for our Morgan!!
3 comments:
Cuuuutie! And I'm not just saying that b/c she looks like me in my baby pictures. :)
It is funny how different they are. I guess it shouldn't be so shocking since we are also so different. It's what makes the world a fun place.
Can't wait to see all of you soon.
Love it. Those big blue eys are beautiful. And, when you have a third...you'll find out how different they all are! (Ha!...just had to tease ya.)
I pulled out Brad's baby book just now and there is a pic of him that really looks like Morgan. I've said it since day one, but really think it now. I forgot to see when he cut his first teeth though.
Anyway, two beautiful and precious little girls. You and Brad are blessed!
Sooooooo cute! I LOVE her in the chair. Wiggly woo...I can totally relate with the changing table turnovers. Eeeek! It bugs this mamma too.
Thanks for sharing your life for all of us to enjoy.
Post a Comment