One of my New Year's resolution (the only one I've come up with so far) is to complete projects. I have so many undone projects lying around in our house, it's ridiculous. So, with that in mind, I will blog about our Christmas(es) soon and very soon. But, for now, it's all about the grandparents. I know they have been anxiously waiting to see the girl's reactions to the gifts they gave them. So, this is for you Mimi, Grandpa, BMom and Pop!
A couple of weeks ago, while we had the recruiting Yukon (aka the "brown car" to Mallory) in the metroplex, we took advantage of the extra cargo room and took home the girl's Christmas gifts. I'm sure the grandparents weren't thrilled with that, since they wouldn't be able to see the reactions, but we obliged them by guaranteeing video coverage for the big reveal. Unfortunately, we didn't quite get the squeals or screams we were expecting. We think Mallory was squealing on the inside...maybe.
We got home from all the Christmas festivities with family on Sunday. Brad and I both got to work after the girls were tucked in bed. We were up until 4am and the girls woke up bright and early at 7ish. They must have known it was "Christmas".
First up, the dollhouse from BMom and Pop. We also assembled some of the gifts they had already opened, but hadn't taken out of the boxes. Under curtain #1, a giant dollhouse (complete with a modern doll family, thanks Steve and LaShay!), a pink ride on horsey that neighs and plays music (for Morgan) and a new baby doll with her very own stroller, high chair and pack n play (for Mallory)! Both of the girls just rotate between all of the toys. Morgan loves to overturn the furniture in the dollhouse. It always looks like a tornado has been through!
Next up, the kitchen from Mimi and Grandpa. There were many hours spent searching the internet for the perfect kitchen. And, I think Mimi found it! Kelly and Wade didn't disappoint either with the Melissa and Doug cutting fruits/veggies and ice cream cone set. It didn't take long for our entire living room to have pieces of fruits, veggies, bread and ice cream decorating the floor. It was/is a hit!
I don't think we even had to get them any gifts for Christmas. In fact, we may not ever buy them a Christmas gift again. Everything that we get them is trumped by the grandparents. I guess that is how it should be. Thank you again BMom, Pop, Mimi and Grandpa! The girls LOVE their gifts and love you!
6 comments:
Super fun gifts. How do you have room for all that?? I can't wait till our house is big enough for fun toys like that. Glad you had a great Christmas. Miss you guys.
Congratulations on a completed project. See you're doing good already! Looks like some fun presents.
Sydni said "Hey mom...a little later can we go over and check out that new kitchen!?! That would be soooo fun!" So...we might invite ourselves over later in the week!:)
I LOVE it when you post videos! Your girls are so adorable, can't wait to see y'all.
Love it! So, they got double the amount of cuttable veggies, huh? I know they got some from LaShay & Steve too. Oh, well...never too many veggies! Ha! I LOVE the kitchen. It is really cute! They will have many hours of fun with all their new stuff! Can't wait to see it up close and personal. Oh, and congrats on a job well done in putting it all together! That's the other fun of being a grandparent...we reap the "thanks" without all the work! Thanks for sending the videos. We had a great Christmas!
This is so cute...their reactions! LOVE the kitchen and that doll house is just super cute. Way to go G-Parents!
((I was trying to see if I could tell how you set up your new living room....still waiting on pics!))
Post a Comment