Saturday, January 24, 2009

Morgie!

Well, I am a month late...but, better late than never!! I am afraid Morgan's December birthday will get the best of her. I tried to make a point not to let the holidays interfere with "her" day, but in the blog world, they did. Oops!

So, Morgan is 13 months old now. It is crazy how much has changed in just one month. There wouldn't have been nearly as much to talk about back in December.

Her final chair picture. Not the best, which is probably why I won't be continuing the monthly photo op. She is a wiggle worm and would NOT sit still. The other picture is of her backside and holding her bottle. I think I got the timing wrong. Bed time + photo op = Bad pictures!!! Oh well. Once again, I think she looks like her first picture, a frog!!
Morgan at 12ish months:


And, just for fun, Mallory at 13 months:


I don't think they look ANYTHING alike!! It's so strange to me. Kelly and I didn't look anything alike until we were in college. It may be the same for Mallory and Morgan.

Morgan is such a cuddle bug!! Occasionally, if I forget to put up her blankie after a nap, she will crawl around with it while she plays with her toys and make pit stops like this. I think it is adorable. She also loves to sleep while she is being held. Unfortunately, this happens quite a bit during her afternoon nap. Part of it is that I don't want Mallory to wake up from the crying (2 grumpy kids is not any fun) and I want her to get a good nap. So, usually right when I lay down to take a snooze, she wakes up. We'll just finish up the nap together on the couch. I'm not proud of that, but I've just come to realize each kid is different. I love how affectionate Morgan is! Brad was holding her last night and she just sat up and kissed his cheek! She'll give you a hug and loves for you to hold her. If she sees you coming, and is sleepy or needs some love, she'll look up at you with pitiful eyes and just hold both of her arms up until you pick her up. Most of the time it's inconvenient, but secretly, I think it's so sweet!



This picture cracks me up. She watched Praise Baby like this for about 10 minutes before I took the picture! And, I love this picture because this is how Mallory and Morgan are most of the day...right beside each other. 90% of the time, they love each other. Lately, there has been a little more pushing and tattle-taling, but most of the time, Morgan adores Mallory and the same goes for Mallory.



Another picture that cracks me up. Morgan will find anything to put in her mouth and crawl around with it hanging out. She'll read books, play with toys and all the while this teething ring, a piece of play fruit or an animal is in there. Turkey.




Morgan seems to be much more active than her big sister. She will climb all over us, up the steps on the stool in the bathroom or onto her rocking horse. She cruises everywhere, but isn't brave enough to let go and take any steps yet. One of her favorite things is to be thrown up into the air or thrown onto a big pile of pillows. Over the holidays, we were shopping at a mall and there was some rap music on in a store. As soon as we passed it, she started moving side to side with the beat. The girl LOVES to dance!




This month Morgan has added a few new words. Mow-Mow (like cow without the c) for Mallory, Oh no! (she still puts her hands over her ears, Jason), Uh-oh, Hi (it sounds more like "I"), Bup (for cup, just like Mallory did) and Allllllllll done! (with the hand motions in the picture below). She loves to "read" books, talk to herself and make animal noises (she's added mooing, barking, oooing like a monkey and baaing). She also shakes or nods her head when you ask her questions. Most of the time, she is answering appropriately! During a trip with Daddy to Sam's tonight, she learned how to sing! She can do the chorus to Beyonce's "Put a ring on it". No, not the best music for kiddos, but certainly fun to dance to...and sing!!




I still can't believe she is one. I still can't believe she has blonde hair (that is getting thicker!!!). I still can't believe how much I can love 2 girls this much.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Is that last picture really recent? It looks like she does have a lot more hair than last month! She is a fun, sweet little girl. Can't wait to see her again soon!

Lori said...

Hi Shannon! Thanks for commenting on our blog. Your girls are adorable and it looks like they have fun together! It is great to re-connect with you.

Anonymous said...

Ok you're motivating me...I'm such a slacker with Gunnar! I need to post some of these milestones with him! Maybe when we get to feeling better! (Still sick...all of us a little bit) yuck! :(

Laura said...

I don't think they look alike at all either! That was the same with me and my sister too until we were alot older!

Brooke said...

She is a-dor-able! I love the picture of her chillin' out with Mallory! I am amazed at one month can do for a child. I barely recognize Audrey these days. She's wants to do everything herself and actually talks to me. The other day I asked her what she wanted and she said, "more juice." Oh, ok then! I can't wait to get these girls back together again. Hopefully, Audrey will be more pleasant at the next meeting!

B-Mom said...

Love the pics. She has changed so much. I need to get the girls! The pic of her on top of the plastic bin looks like her daddy!