Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's week

I think I have found a new love for Valentine's Day! The girls have had more Valentine outfits, get togethers and crafts than any other holiday so far! It's probably just because of the colors and having girls. At any rate (wow, I just sounded like my dad), we had a fun week leading up to the "big day".

On the actual day, we had a group date with some great friends! I don't think we've ever spent a Valentine's day with other friends. It was a fun way to mix things up. We dropped the girls off with a sitter (our first time to pay a sitter!!) at Candace and Tim's house. Then we drove really fast to Marla and Nate's house (since our time was ticking away), ate a fabulous steak dinner, watched a hilarious rendition of the "vote for pedro" dance by Nate, played a version of Loaded Questions and ate yummy dessert (chocolate dipped strawberries and creme brulee). It was a super fun night, but it went by waaaaay too fast!!!

Nate (aka Napolean), Marla, Tim, Candace, me and Brad


One of the many attempts at pictures for Valentine cards. This was the best I could get!


Mallory thought she was big stuff getting to roll out the cookie dough! It took a while to get the concept of using a cookie cutter. She kept wanting to press it over and over on the same spot:)


One of the aforementioned attempts of pictures. Morgan was not in a picture-y mood!


Mallory posed pretty good, though.

We totally backed out on our gift for Valentine's day to the girls. We had decided to buy a fish, but talked ourselves out of it while we walked around Petsmart. Are we lame-o parents, or what? Maybe we'll find a green fish for St. Patrick's Day??? In the meantime, we'll just visit Petsmart to look at all of the animals. It was free entertainment!!

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Wish I could have seen the Napolean dance! I didn't get any pictures of Audrey in any of her 3 heart outfits. Oh, and I love the idea of a pet store for entertainment!

Candace said...

My mom saw the pictures of our Valentine night on Flickr and wanted to know how you got your hair so shiny.

JLB said...

So much fun!

I love the picture of Mallory just sitting there smiling. And Morg's tongue sticking out.....so cute!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Kelly said...

That picture of the girls is freaking me out. It kind of looks like a picture of us as little ones, but you older and me the younger one. Crazy???!!

Mallory really looks bigger and grown up to me since last time I saw her!

Sounds like a fun group date night. Can't wait to learn the dance!

B-Mom said...

I loved the Valentine card by the way. And these are great! I'm glad you guys got to have a night out.

Amanda said...

How fun! I'm totally jealous. We got to go out for coffee for like 30 minutes on V-day. The rest of the day I was home with the kids by myself.

The girls are so cute! And I love that Morgan has learned to say cheese. Makes for really great pictures. :)