Sleeping and traveling without the paci, that is!!
The first afternoon, it took almost a full hour for Mallory to fall asleep. There were no tears, just a lot of talking and singing in her room. About 2 minutes after I put her down, I heard LOUD talking from her room. I listened at the door and heard this:
Mallory, talking to her giraffe: "NOOOOOO, you threw your paci in the white trash can! The trash truck came and took it. Yea, Mallory!! I'm so proud of you! You are a big girl! Yea, Joshua (her friend that inspired the "throwing the paci in the trashy")! I'm so proud of you! You are a big boy!!"
It was hilarious! I had to go in twice to tell her to stop talking and go to sleep. She finally fell asleep for an hour. After her nap, we left for my parent's house. Yes, we went out of town for her first weekend away from her paci. Again, not how I planned for all of this to happen.
She asked for her paci twice that night at my parent's house, and again, there were no tears. I just reminded her how big of a girl she is and that the trash truck had her paci. She slept through the night great. Saturday morning I took Mallory to get donut holes to celebrate throwing her paci away. Then, we headed to McKinney for our nephew's first birthday.
Luckily, she wore herself out on bounce houses and lots of playing. She went down for her nap so easy, only asking for it once (but probably just to hear how big of a girl she is!). That night, she went to bed without even asking for it!!!
I am shocked at how easy this was. I was sooooo dreading it. She was addicted to the thing. In fact, each time that we bought new ones, it took several weeks to get used to the new one (which was just a newer version of the exact same one). I thought for sure it would be "you know what" at night when we finally got rid of the thing. Once, again, I am proven wrong by my 2 1/2 year old. It's funny how they do that to us!
6 comments:
So glad it went well!
The fact it was her idea probably helped. She's just so awesome. It was so good to see you guys...even though Morgan is a Pop's girl. I love that, too!
I love that conversation! That's great!
I am trying to get rid of Hunter and Hannah's binkies now, they are addicted as well. They really only get them in bed now, and I tried a few days ago to put them down at night w/o one...it lasted for only 5 minutes and I decided that it's just not that worth it at this point! Way to go for Mallory!
Way to go Mallory!!! Glad it has gone so well! I have to tell you - when I watched the video of Mallory throwing her paci away I cried. I'm so proud of her!
BTW - sorry I didn't get back to you the other day. We were out of town for the weekend. How did the dresses turn out???
That is hilarious...that she was blaming it on the giraffe. She's adorable.
Post a Comment