I feel like I'm back in college again. The girls are with my in-laws, Brad is out of town and I'm staying at my parent's house while I work this week. It feels like I'm home for the summer.
My "summer job" is working for my brother-in-law and his dad. Wade's dad has his own family practice and does clinical trials out of his office. I came to the metroplex this week to be the "IV nurse" for one of the trials. I was slightly nervous since I've been out of the nursing scene for 3 years. But, I'm happy to report, putting the patient's IV in was like riding a bike! Piece of cake! Granted, the patient has great veins and is young...but, I've still got it!
So, while the girls are with BMom and Pop having a blast, Brad is home alone enjoying the silence, I am living it up working 9-2 and sleeping uninterrupted!! It's wonderful! I do miss Brad (he's been gone since last Saturday) and the girls, but this break is really nice.
I've got plans to have dinner with some old friends, help Kelly line her kitchen cabinets in her new house (MUCH more fun without kids running around everywhere!), taking naps, taking more naps by the pool, maybe some shopping...I mean, it's a rough life people!! I just do what I have to do for my family:)
6 comments:
Can you say: JEALOUS!!!???
Have a GREAT week!!
That sounds heavenly! Yay for still having the touch!
Glad to hear the nursing part is going smoothly! We'll miss you at small group tomorrow and then we're off to Colorado on Thursday and will miss next week, so we'll miss each other for a while. I have to say I have a twinge of jealousy reading your blog. I'll have to tell you about the sermon Danny did on "REST" yesterday! Soak it up girl!
I knew you would do so great back in the nursing world. I would feel so confident if you were my nurse!
Awesome! Have a great time! Good for you working so hard to support your family. :)
WOW! That IS the life.....enjoy it girl, enjoy it.
Love!
Post a Comment