So, now that I have the intro entry done comes the hard part. What do I write about next to keep you all coming back for more? This one is a big one. After this it is smooth sailing and the pressure is off. I've decided to do a jumble entry today. Jumble is code for rambling just FYI.
Brad and I ponder often how our parents raised us without all the stuff that babies come with now. How in the world did they breastfeed before a Boppy came along? And a bouncy seat! I think that was what my carseat was back then and now it's a form of entertainment. A wipey warmer...come on! I must say the one "extravagant" thing I love now more than ever is a pacifier. I know, I know, they had those when I was a baby. But Mallory has just now taken to the idea and our house is a little more quiet now. She would SCREAM if we would even try to put the thing in her mouth up until about 2 weeks ago. Now she screams for us to put it in her mouth:) Kara said she looks like Maggie from the Simpsons when she starts sucking on it. I think it's pretty cute.
Mallory was back in her bassinett last night. I put her down in her crib at 11:30pm. She woke up at 5:00am (good girl!) to eat. As I am feeding her I notice a black object out of the corner of my eye. I think I have "spi-dar". I can spot any bug really fast. It's annoying for Brad because I don't kill them, I just point to where he needs to go! Anywhoo. So, I see this little black spider and I keep my eye on it until Mallory is done eating. I lay her down on the bed and go to get something to kill the spider. Do I grab a tissue so I can squash it? No, I first get on Brad's flip flops so I don't step on any other bugs (because since I found one there has to be tons more), then I return and it is gone! Great. Now I am paranoid that it has crawled up the leg of her crib and into the bed. So, off we go back to mommy and daddy's room where she (and I) slept soundly until 8:00am! Brad was confused when he woke up to hearing her shooey (that's what we call #2 around here and Mallory's are exceptionally loud!).
My last thought for the day and then I am done. I love Bermuda shorts! I have a short torso and long arms so normal shorts look weird on me. They always look way shorter than they really are (the fingertip rule in school was very annoying). So when I discovered Bermuda shorts it was heaven! Plus they are super comfortable. I guess you know I am wearing some right now.
Well, that is it for now. Mallory just woke up so I am going to de-bug her bed before she is ready for another nap!
3 comments:
I'm so glad that you have this blog so you can get the "what I'm wearing today" out of your system before I get home. "I want to talk about me, want to talk about I..."
I love you Shannon and please save a couple of hundred words for me in private!
So did you find the spider? Yikes! Glad you like Bermuda sorts...those are the Higlin genes in you...they don't quite work with my hips. :)
I never found the spider, but I am just going to tell myself that it made it's way somewhere else other than Mallory's bed. I have to do that or she would be in her bassinet until she is 5!
Post a Comment